• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 5001z. What is it?

With all the coin we saved, we've still got dough leftover for some nitro knobs, echo board, and maybe a noise toy or two. Hell - if I end up getting the ones I ordered I might send one off to Mr. X for the "full meal deal"

Lol
The price now is corrected to $99.99 and free shipping.

Jeff
That was a given since it was a "1 day only sale." The verdict is still out…

Meanwhile I’ve been studying that "so called 5001z schematic" with the 2 push button channel selector. I now believe it’s for some Uniden board, not a Midland 5001z. In anticipation for receiving one, I looked at the mic connections for a possible conversion. 4 pin Midland radios vs. 4pin Cobra / Uniden have always been different. This schematic is in compliance with the 4pin Cobra standard.

If they've already corrected the price and we didn't get shipping notifications this morning I'm doubtful they'll ship. They're working on the text of the email to everyone right now explaining what happened and why they won't ship. :)

In some cases it's good customer service to fulfill an order when you make a mistake, but it's not good business to do it when it's a $10,000 mistake :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.