• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 5001z. What is it?

Still waiting for my cancellation email. I'd say just whenever they get around to mine.

Now that so much emphasis and study has been placed on this radio, I can no longer fixate on board photos and schematics without getting personally or physically involved. At some point I’ll be looking at purchasing a used one at a reasonable price. My limit on this model is less than $30, plus it must be corrosion free with a good processor.

Cut and paste
Dear Northern Tool + Equipment customer,

Despite our best efforts, sometimes an item in our catalog may not be available, the offer may have been misstated, or an item may be mispriced. For any of these reasons, we may cancel your order or we may contact you for instructions on the order.

In this case, a pricing error on the Midland 40-Channel CB Radio occurred and your order will be cancelled.

Please accept our sincerest apologies and we look forward to your continued business.

Regards,
Customer Care
Northern Tool + Equipment

Now that so much emphasis and study has been placed on this radio,
Never has so much attention been paid to such a lowly little radio. :LOL:

In case anyone else does get theirs or for future reference the channel expansion does work. I installed the G/GW wires and ran them to the CH9 switch. My freq counter forgot how to count and it would be to tedious to map out what the channels are with the other equipment I have. Maybe some other day.

5001z_exp.jpg

I was able to get it right on freq with the VC1 trimmer. I couldn't peak much more out of the RX. Maybe 1/2 a db was found.

Last edited:
Mine said that for a day or 2 then I got a tracking number after it was already on its way.

Looks like you hit the switch at just the right time Cralt. Did any one else receive their order?

Well I know of at least 1 other person who ordered 1 that got his. Which is cool because he isn't made of cash and was big in to CB in the 70s and 80s.If not for the snowstorm we would be putting up an inverted V made out of some scrap wire and RG58u this weekend. The 240-31 ferrite im going to donate will end up being the most expensive part of his whole station. :ROFLMAO: He lives up on a big hill and there is a group of local old guys that rag chew on 22AM with base stations.

I'm not sure I agree with how they worded my cancellation.

Thank you for shopping with Northern Tool + Equipment.

Per your request we have verified with the manufacturer that your order
for the following item(s) has been cancelled

Reactions: snippits75
Per your request we have verified with the manufacturer that your order
for the following item(s) has been cancelled

Wow, it's everyone's fault but theirs..........

That must have been a handy Copy and Paste

Reactions: Keto

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.