• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Little Shack in Progress

hammarlund-hq105tr.jpg

hammarlund-hxl-one.jpg

hammarlund-s100.jpg

Any of these goodies around? Looks VERY NICE...Hope it works as good as it looks!
Now Start studying!
:)
All the Best
Gary

I do plan on getting my ticket. There is also a transmitter in storage that is about 5 feet tall that belonged to my grandfather. The last time I looked at it was about 20 years ago and I had no idea what I was looking at. I plan on bringing it to the house and cleaning it up. I might have half an idea what it is now. I will be sure to put up some pictures.

In stealth mode it looks like an ordinary cabinet. The rectangular holes along the top of the doors help to circulate a little air to hopefully keep things from getting musty. The part I like best is that things don't get dusty with the doors closed. I just bought a tube amp to go on the "amp rack". I will post more updates when I get it set up.

View attachment 22757
Love that cabinet.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I must admit it's odd seeing that sonar anywhere else but on my desk. I never thought I'd part with it. But I must say I couldn't have picked a better new home for it if I tried. I'm looking forward to seeing everything you're currently looking for to complete your station. Then maybe seeing a clip of your first DX contact. Vector 4000,and the Sonar 2340 with the d104 is certainly an excellent beginning. That Sonar sounds great! I kid you not. 73's

I must admit it's odd seeing that sonar anywhere else but on my desk. I never thought I'd part with it. But I must say I couldn't have picked a better new home for it if I tried. I'm looking forward to seeing everything you're currently looking for to complete your station. Then maybe seeing a clip of your first DX contact. Vector 4000,and the Sonar 2340 with the d104 is certainly an excellent beginning. That Sonar sounds great! I kid you not. 73's
Yes thanks for all your help, it is coming together piece by piece. Now if the weather would cooperate, I could finish the antenna install. I will definitely make a clip of my first contact once it is up and running.

Reactions: Sonar
The neat thing about this desk is that a desk top and keyboard surface pull out. Here is my grandfather's Hammerlund next to my new Sonar CB with a D104. Special thanks to our member Sonar for giving me a great deal!

View attachment 22626
Lock that door,inside and out!! I would get a much more cozy chair,bed,sink,shower,closet.....get the picture? Yes,a fully stocked refrigerator,bar,and a "vacuum tube deposit and send to the outside,L.O.L.", Have a GREAT time as not many of us get our way,our room,and our piece of mind!! I LOVE it. ENJOY Buddy,ENJOY!!

Lock that door,inside and out!! I would get a much more cozy chair,bed,sink,shower,closet.....get the picture? Yes,a fully stocked refrigerator,bar,and a "vacuum tube deposit and send to the outside,L.O.L.", Have a GREAT time as not many of us get our way,our room,and our piece of mind!! I LOVE it. ENJOY Buddy,ENJOY!!
Welcome to WWDX! After I get the antenna up I plan on getting a nice high back office chair. The room actually has a front door that goes outside. lol This could end up being a man cave very easily. Now you got me thinking. Thanks for having a look.
Chris 73s

Welcome to WWDX! After I get the antenna up I plan on getting a nice high back office chair. The room actually has a front door that goes outside. lol This could end up being a man cave very easily. Now you got me thinking. Thanks for having a look.
Chris 73s
No lie,just a really GREAT place to find some peace,peace of mind and soul!! Maybe one day? I plan on it. My fascination all started with a friend of mine,in the mid 1970's,hell even the old Man had a C.B. in the family "BOMB"! A Pinto station wagon with NO A/C!! Damn HOT!! As I was saying,this Friend's older Brother had a Base Station and one HUGE antenna out back. I think it was just under needing lighting as there is and was the Reading,Pa. Regional Airport just across the Schuylkill River. We had fun,didn't hurt that they had an inground pool...L.O.L.!! We talked to anyone and everyone. Learned our 10 codes and spoke. We were out there,depending on the time of day,(SKIP,SKIP WAVE) ,and of course time of year. WOW,the YUKON,AlASKA,ALABAMA,and FLORIDA....that's the easiest to open the door to from S.E. PA.. Just good fun and kept us out of trouble.....sort of? We were still Kids. I have always just wanted to learn and My 33 PLUS tears in Telecom. has not hurt. A family owned business My Father started after Divestiture in 1983. We sold it in 2007,I worked for that company until 2010 and OUT!!!! They now have,not much,not even employees. Timing is everything. Just want to learn as I said. Sorry so long,just have the day off and am looking around. Yes,I am guilty also. Galaxies,North Stars (SUCK) , Connex, and others. linears,too many. a fortune in wire and fusing. All connections,SOLDERED,NO crimping,heat shrink,all tools countless Wilson antennas, an array of.....a lot. Just getting back into it and,I now see Stryker has come a LOOOOONNGGGG way!! They were trash about 10-15 years ago. nough. Got to run. Enjoy that room and YES,protect it!!!! IT IS YOUR "MAN CAVE"!!!!, Sincerely,Troy.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Making lots of progress on my tilt over antenna mast for my Vector 4000. Here is a picture of the top cap that I made with a pulley for the cable and a ring to anchor the long wire antenna when I get around to it. On the side is the top clamp that I also made to secure the mast in the vertical position. A knob secures the hinge plate so I can raise and lower without tools.

Stop by and check it out.
https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/sirio-new-vector-4000-install.226677/

IMG_20180508_091444420.jpg

Last edited:
Checking out the SWR with a TRC-446 that I just inherited. The little Workman meter doesn't even twitch the needle. It will calibrate but the SWR appears to be nothing. This can't be right. The meter in the radio says otherwise. Time to break out the Autek meter.

IMG_20180517_152211460.jpg

Last edited:
Just burning some late night oil on an old 88 putting it through some endurance testing make sure it's fit for action before sending back to its owner to fight the good fight again! SNOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZ, SNOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZ!
OH Dozzzzzeddd off there for a bit guess it's gonna hold up it's still pumping RF.

benchatnight.JPG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated