• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My new HF rig being delivered

Looks pretty flat to me unless it is a trick of camera angles. Then again I am used to driving on heavy snow and solid ice so I think everyone else can't drive or walk on ice. LOL
All driveways are sloped for drainage. It doesn't take much to make it impossible to get up even the shallowest of slopes if the ice is right.

All driveways are sloped for drainage. It doesn't take much to make it impossible to get up even the shallowest of slopes if the ice is right.

Depends where you live I guess. I have seen MANY driveways with zero slope. Perfectly level.He was able to get over the steep angle at the transition to the street so he should have been able to move further up the driveway. Then again some people really don't know how to drive on ice. Witness the major highways in any southern state after a couple inches of snow. LOL We like it up here. It fills in the potholes.

Ha, down here the truck would have burned to the ground before it got in the street. Fires all-round.
Haven't seen the sun or horizon for weeks....
I prefer snow and ice.

This reminds me of a couple guys I know (knew actually; both are now deceased). About 40 years ago, just out of high school they got jobs at the local IHOP, working the night shift in the kitchen. One of the guys' older brother was the night manager. To say they didn't take their jobs seriously would be an understatement. A typical night at work for these guys entailed many smoke breaks, just out the back door. And by "smoke" I don't mean tobacco. ;)

Anyway, they're at work one cold winter evening and they decide their night would be much better if they didn't have any customers.
Now this particular 'HOP has two entrances to the parking lot. Both involve crossing a shallow gutter followed by a short but moderately steep climb. You can probably see where I'm going with this.
These guys had the bright idea that if they hosed down the parking lot (which they had to clean anyway), the end result might be no customers for the night.
They were right about that! Not only could nobody make it into the parking lot; they had a grand old time watching people try! :ROFLMAO:

Needless to say, that was their last night at that job!:LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.