• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My old friend President Jackson.

What does the one in the video look like to you?

Worked on many a 3600 board - and that is not a 3600 board in that video.

EDIT:
The Jacko does have the Motorola MC145106 PLL and two 4-bit counter chips as do many of the 3600 boards. But that is where the similarity begins and ends to a 3600 board IIRC. I'm pretty curious to open it up and examine the board as soon as it arrives. I don't have a Jacko to compare it to; but CB Tricks has a Service Manual and Schematic for the original to compare.

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/president/jackson/graphics/president_jackson_sm.pdf

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/president/jackson/graphics/president_jackson_pb-042_sch.pdf

Last edited:
Does it have similarities to the Galaxy 88HL?

I thought this was a new offering, but seems as its been out for a few years. Figured there would be more info on the net.

Strange.

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

These are image taken recently of the original President Jackson. The board in the video is almost exactly the same.
Grinder 313

well

my ja uses the 6900 board. i bought it on egay
a few years ago. i let a friend use it. he hooked it up backwards
so it lights up receives good no tx. just don't have time to mess with it.

So, is it to soon to say that this radio has an embellished description about it being a resurrected Jackson?

DTB's description kinda gives a man that impression. Says: Jackson circuit board all the way.

Is it, or is it? Sounds like a mutt board to me.

So, is it to soon to say that this radio has an embellished description about it being a resurrected Jackson?

DTB's description kinda gives a man that impression. Says: Jackson circuit board all the way.

Is it, or is it? Sounds like a mutt board to me.
Well, Wayne described it as the original circuit board too; with the exception of dual MOSFET finals instead of the MRF477 bipolar transistor.

Then it should convert just like the original then, shouldn't it?

thats what i was thinking, so i was looking at the procedure for the original then others have said its not the same,, very confusing. looks like the radio may have been brought back to life a couple times. ill have this one opened up monday evening and see what it really is.

that may have been made by someone else?? these are being labled as NEW radio's

Reactions: 1 person
well

on the back of the radio. it says
ranger superstar ja. on the front says superstar ja

If your 'friend' really hooked it up backwards - then the consequences would be like this: a protection diode will automatically and permanently short/self-destruct, the radio would pop the fuse every time you replaced it and try to turn it back on, and NOTHING would work. No receive, no lights - nothing. Nada. Zilch. He did NOT hook it up backwards. Been there - having fixed MANY, many radios that have been hooked up backwards.

If everything works right as you say except for transmit; then he fried the output final and/or the driver.
Did you find and read the model number on the board yourself?
Or are you guessing?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users