• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My old friend President Jackson.

i ordered it from copper for $149, it will be waiting here for me when i get home at 5:30, so ill post up what i find that evening

just for the heck of it i text the guy in ohio about the mod, here is his response:

i do. but if i shared my mods with everyone i would be out of business. i do perform the channel mod for $35 and peak and tune for $20 if i can help.

Lol

I seen that coming. I think once you pop the cover the mod will be apparent.

Hopefully.

The Europeans seemed to love the old Jackson. I'm surprised we haven't heard from them yet.

So does this rig use mosfets or some sort of knockoff? It would appear that the main board has be built an the same platform with minor differences.

please post more information as you find out.

Inquireing minds want to know...LOL

Robb,

Is yours coming with the clarifier modded as well?

Nah; I'll probably do that mod myself if/when I can dig up that info. Already have an xlnt reference freq counter to do the job. I've done this kind of mod before on a bunch of radios already.

Many export radios have a coarse (unlocked) and fine (locked) clarifier arrangement. As does the Jacko. These coarse clarifiers all seem to come with a center detent position. Which some think is a great thing because it brings the freq back to center position. It also has one major drawback. If you need to go just slightly off to one side (which is most of the time) to lock in on someone that is off-freq; that detent will pop it back into the center slot! It can be very frustrating; you probably know what I mean.

SO that leaves the unlocking of the fine clarifier a viable mod. Problem is that in the process of unlocking the fine clarifier, the mod will often disable the TX freq adjustment pot. The net result is a 50-100hz freq shift difference between TXing and RXing. You can never fully lock in with the station . Not a huge difference; just enough to be a little annoying is all. True for all of the variations of the 3600 chassis radios. Any Cobra/Uniden as well. I have found a way with the Cobra 148GTL to keep the TX freq adjuster intact though . . .

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.