• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Anytone 6666+

thanks (y)

is there a thread about the AT-6666 II yet?
View attachment 64804
looks like it would be perfect for coms in my bother's Jeeps.

- The AT-6666PRO is due later in the year, all going well.

- The AT-6666 II is still under development. Here is a better concept picture (not official). Imagine having a panadapter! Something fun to think about...

View attachment 64822

This reminds me of yet another line from another movie... I feel kinda like Martin Tupper (if you know, you know) as most of life I relate to a movie and/or quote.

Pulp Fiction, where Jimmy talks about the sign on his lawn... Jules saying that it's not there. Or another, Mean Girls where Cady realizes the limit does not exist in the math problem. The reason you've not seen this radio for sale, the reason nobody has one - it doesn't exist. Not today, not tomorrow and likely not ever. But don't go getting all sad, you might see one similar one day but it won't say Anytone on the box.
it-doesnt-exist-05d1f99a00.jpg

This reminds me of yet another line from another movie... I feel kinda like Martin Tupper (if you know, you know) as most of life I relate to a movie and/or quote.

Pulp Fiction, where Jimmy talks about the sign on his lawn... Jules saying that it's not there. Or another, Mean Girls where Cady realizes the limit does not exist in the math problem. The reason you've not seen this radio for sale, the reason nobody has one - it doesn't exist. Not today, not tomorrow and likely not ever. But don't go getting all sad, you might see one similar one day but it won't say Anytone on the box.
View attachment 66574
It only exists on the Anytone work bench. They sent me a video of it and I posted it here, but then they asked me to take it down. So it is in the works, I will ask them for an update.

View attachment 66574
haha.
But actually, here are the facts:

- The AT-6666PRO will be released next year. It is not finished but it is well underway. It was originally planned for release this year but there were delays.
- The AT-6666 II is only in concept stage. There is no planned release date, or any more updates on this radio yet.

I think they are more aggressive than RCI or anyone else building these radios, I don't doubt they are progressing with the Pro model.
It is still the same case and faceplate and they already have a board with the new features like noise reduction and they just give it all the latest software.

There is money to be made, we all know they are building most of the boards for Anytone- CRT- and others so I don't see what would stop them.

As for the AT 6666 II with the redesigned case and remote mount face, they either have to source the case faceplate or make it.
It there is someone building a case with a head like that for any other radio that would be a plus, buy then in bulk, stuff them with your board, boom new radio.
Years ago the front of the radio was actually a expensive part of a new radio, that's why early on a majority of export and cb radios looked cookie cutter, same bezel same faceplate different sticker name on the front.

Anyway I sent a e mail out as well, let's see if any progress has been made.

Jeff

It only exists on the Anytone work bench. They sent me a video of it and I posted it here, but then they asked me to take it down. So it is in the works, I will ask them for an update.
many thanks. :)
It is still the same case and faceplate and they already have a board with the new features like noise reduction and they just give it all the latest software.
the newer 'style' board, is what i want. i know owners of the original AT-6666 say they don't drift, but almost every AT-6666 i've heard on air is off frequency. (on SSB)

NOT saying the original is a bad radio. if you love yours, great!

enjoy your radios everyone
/73

Reactions: Brother DXer
haha.
But actually, here are the facts:

- The AT-6666PRO will be released next year. It is not finished but it is well underway. It was originally planned for release this year but there were delays.
- The AT-6666 II is only in concept stage. There is no planned release date, or any more updates on this radio yet.

Did you see the photo I posted, the one with the large display? That radio isn't being produced... isn't in development... and you're welcome to hold your breath until you see one for sale. The other two, the pro and II, yeah... that large display - NO.

every AT-6666 i've heard on air is off frequency. (on SSB)
Mine is bang on in USB and just a hair off (about 20Hz) in LSB. Not enough to worry about it. And absolutely no drifting whatsoever......
And everybody I hear using them on air is bang on frequency too.

Perhaps the radio you are using to listen to them is in need of alignment if every 6666 you're hearing is off frequency ? As that is the exact opposite of my experience !

Did you see the photo I posted, the one with the large display? That radio isn't being produced... isn't in development... and you're welcome to hold your breath until you see one for sale. The other two, the pro and II, yeah... that large display - NO.
Yes, I created that photo ;).

I am very much across this topic. And I am sharing the facts, that I can. You can take them or leave them.

The "large display" radio is the "AT-6666 II" that I mentioned, in case you were confused about that.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.