• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New bench up and running....

You really know how to deflate things a bit. Well I just purchased all the inventory from a CB shop that went out of business and although that won't cover everything it went a long way to it was full of 2sc1969's, 2312's Irf520's drivers for all kinds of radios, meters, regulators, diodes, caps as well as IF xfmers and much more and as luck would have it found another shop that wants to sell out and at a nickel on the dollar just to clear the storage so once all is inventoried which will only take 5 years I will be set.
You really know how to deflate things a bit. Well I just purchased all the inventory from a CB shop that went out of business and although that won't cover everything it went a long way to it was full of 2sc1969's, 2312's Irf520's drivers for all kinds of radios, meters, regulators, diodes, caps as well as IF xfmers and much more and as luck would have it found another shop that wants to sell out and at a nickel on the dollar just to clear the storage so once all is inventoried which will only take 5 years I will be set.
Ot3 there 2 radio shops for sale Jericho Bakersfield and Redmonkey Fresno Ca. They are on CL.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
6 Weeks ago none of this existed, I'm going to blame this on all of you for getting me back on the bench. I already have several radios to repair and about 6 more on the way. What the He!! was I thinking. Well, I'm soon going to be fully retired and I need a little extra income... besides this all has to be paid for LOL!

View attachment 22657
Do you accept mail in repairs? If so, can you email me your contact information to dgater43@gmail.com? I have a Tram Corsair 23 Channel AM/SSB Mobile Radio that I purchased off Ebay several years ago. This radio did not have a mike wired to it and I believe it was a incomplete repair/restoration.

Would like to get it up and running.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unit 194
This is Red Monkeys last week, he was practically giving stuff away this weekend, he's been around since the 70's

Didn't know Jericho was closing up shop as well. Both good shop as I delt with both.

Only other shop that I'm aware of in central valley would be Flash electronics in Tulare

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Truth is I actually like surface mount chassis. Like Tallman said you just need to have equipment suited for it and decaf! an oh yea that microscope is really handy, I find the surface mount to be as easy or maybe easier to deal with you just need a little patience. Swimming through mountains of wire can be more time consuming than SM chassis.

I have not seen this set up Tallman. I like the screen hooked to the scope. I have a scope by its self and hook it up to my laptop or my desk top. to view the items. this might be the best way to go. looked at the ones from china as far as shipping. price they are wanting is about the same as the US shipped one.
over the past year the China sellers have jacked their prices up to match the US shippers. I have noticed this on a lot of the items from china. use to a item from China was about 75% cheaper than shipped from the US. looks as if China is trying to make the big bucks but it takes so long to get items from them compared to US shippers.

Reactions: Tallman
I bought one of these because I like having my face away from hot metal and solder fumes. The mount is too light to use so I mounted mine to a small saucer and really cleaned the suction cup and locked it down.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-1-600X...590480?hash=item41c7100690:g:KfgAAOSwZKBZNvCN

So what is your opinion of this camera and screen is it sharp enough and large enough to give the image resolution you like and is it easily unattached from the base to get deeper into the middle of a chassis. I have a camera like Sonoma and it works really good but I had to build a solid extended arm for it to make it easy to zoom over the entire chassis and hold it still so I wasn't overcompensating in the wrong direction all the time but I'm not done with that yet as I'm to busy getting repairs done. I would not hesitate to purchase one of these can't have to many eyes LOL.

Oldtech

Reactions: Tallman
I think what is happening is that China is wanting to shorten shipping times and is now stocking warehouses in the USA. I have seen a big price fluctuations for the same item with stock in the US. Could be that the communication is slow from China.

So what is your opinion of this camera and screen is it sharp enough and large enough to give the image resolution you like and is it easily unattached from the base to get deeper into the middle of a chassis.
Oldtech

It works just as good as the High dollar Bosch and Lomb I was trained on. The B&L units got the face up away from solder but smoke was still a problem.
These photos were taken with my cell phone of the video screen. Sorry about the poor quality. The laser etched 12.00 is the crystal on the board. Also a pictured of the edge of one chip. The video scope has a slot for a micro chip for photos you can snap your pics right from the scope.
20180410_132900.jpg 20180410_132836.jpg20180410_132824.jpg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.