• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New connex hp with 4 pills built in!

It is a Connex 4300 and it has 4x1446's and is supposed to do 300 watts.. It's "supposed" to be on the shelf by the end of the month, but we know how that goes (S-980) The price will be about $500.. There is already talk of being able to change the 1446's to 2879's and making it do 500 watts..

I'm curious about the cooling myself.. Oddly enough most people with the 2 pill Galaxy say they get hot but the people that I've talked to the have the Connex 4600 2 pill say theirs doesn't get hot like that.. I guess they will have to start putting cooling fans on these radios if they are going to put that much fire in the wire :LOL:

They already have a Connex 4300, it has a single 2290 final. I doubt they would drop that model so fast and then re-issue the number to a 4 pill.

I will have to wait and see on this one, off hand sounds like a wish radio. There is no way you would just "swap out" 2879's for 1446's , there would be some expensive tech work there for sure.

Reactions: MadisonMod
Here is some info on the new 4300.

Introducing the NEW Connex 4300HP Export Radio. The Connex 4300HP is like a 3300HP on steroids. Power output is approximately 80 – 90 watts PEP on AM from a 20 watt carrier. Instead of using dual 2SC2312 final transistors, the 4300HP utilizes one Toshiba 2SC2290 flange mount transistor for high power output and extra durability.

None of my suppliers have mentioned anything about a new Connex model with 4 pills. I do not see it happening. There simply isn't enough space in a typical Connex chassis to hold a 4-pill amp with proper cooling AND the main circuit board/related support connectors. The radio woud be bigger than some base stations.

connex is making a 4 1446 radio and will retail about 625

galaxy is also comming out with a few updated radios with mosfets. up to 8 in one radio

bighammer said:
connex is making a 4 1446 radio and will retail about 625

galaxy is also comming out with a few updated radios with mosfets. up to 8 in one radio

$625......Why the hell not buy a Connex 4300 for $275 and a 4 pill amp for $300???????????????/

www.sparkyscbshack.com is the one that says they are going to have them soon.....got this from another web site.

Connex Radio 4300HP-300 10 Meter*NEW*300w+ Due Nov

*AM, FM,
*Vol,sq,mic gain, RF gain
*Choose Chrome or Rebel Flag face
*Variable power
*300-400w+ after tuning (tuning not Included)
*Four 2SD1446 finals. Heat sink on bottom
*Blue meter light and channel LED's
*Dual Echo
*On/Off talkback switch
*Front mic jack
*10KHz switch

List Price: $699.95

There are alot of issues there for sure. They might be working on all these radio's but I still have a hard time seeing them cram all that in the same size shasis and have it 1) actually fit, 2) stay cool and not break down all the time.

There is no way you will get four 2879's to behave and stay cool in that small of a space. Drivers should be happy with the 4600, 95T2, and 2970 they have right now.

Companys also frown on running #6 wire straight to the battery bank to power an amplifier and thats how guys get in trouble. They remove the amp for service and leave the hook up there. The above three listed radio's really push the dash power posts as it is now, there is no way a 4 pill anything will run without a larger line straight to the battery.

Mosfets are a whole different game, who knows what they will try with those. have to wait and see.

DTB Radio said:
None of my suppliers have mentioned anything about a new Connex model with 4 pills. I do not see it happening.
You may want to call some different suppliers and check with them because I know a couple shops that have them on order already and are "supposed" to arrive in the next couple of weeks.. The price I was told was $529 but markup will vary on where you get it..

I forgot to mention this but even my local tech way out here in the sticks knew about these but he has not decided if he will order any or not. The reason im sure is because he will not have much room for mark up on something that costs over $550.00 to start with.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.