• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New connex hp with 4 pills built in!

I talked to my local tech and he said that the rep that he deals with told him that in order to convert the radio you have to change out all of the pills ( 1446 to 2879 ) and a few other things. The way he talked he said that it would be a real pain in the ass to do so. Now understand that this is very early in the game and we wont know the real score until they are on the shelves but from what i am hearing so far from him and another friend of mine this may be one of the biggest flops of in the history of cb radio.

No one is going to pay over $600.00 for the radio and then spend another $150.00 or way more for the conversion!

I talked to a galaxy tech and they told me they were going to be puting out a 4 pill radio ......So I guess we will see a Connex 4 pill and a Galaxy 4Pill .......

If you arent going to say who is putting it out , why say anything at all? ......Thats just bieng a tease LOL :D

Yep these radios do exist an acqaintance of mine has had a couple prototypes. No you do not have to change to 2879's but itwill increase the power some but not alot. Anyways I would stay as far away from this thing as I could. To me thats just common sense.

Ok, I was able to finally confirm with one of my suppliers that they do exist, and that (supposedly) some will be coming in within the next 2 weeks. Dealer cost is crazy high on these, going by the quote I got. I woulnd't surprise me to see these selling for close to $700 or higher in some places. I'm trying to locate a picture of one....

King Mudduck said:
I talked to my local tech and he said that the rep that he deals with told him that in order to convert the radio you have to change out all of the pills ( 1446 to 2879 ) and a few other things. The way he talked he said that it would be a real pain in the ass to do so. Now understand that this is very early in the game and we wont know the real score until they are on the shelves but from what i am hearing so far from him and another friend of mine this may be one of the biggest flops of in the history of cb radio.

No one is going to pay over $600.00 for the radio and then spend another $150.00 or way more for the conversion!

Your all wrong about that, I have seen Truckers pay well over 500 for those Linear Galaxies when they came out. These truck stop cb shops can sell anything to these chicken haulers. A fool and his money are quickly departed, never a satement truer.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.