• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New connex hp with 4 pills built in!

from what one of the connex reps have told myself and my supplier
is that the 2879 conversion will be as easy as changing a few capacitors and thats it. as far as projected wattage, it should be around 550 to 600. As for me I would rather spend 700$ on a nice ham rig with alot more features.

THe Connex people have no clue. All their seeing is the $$$$.
Anyone wonder why Galaxy hasn't done this yet?
GRTS may wanna chime in....

" from what one of the connex reps have told myself and my supplier
is that the 2879 conversion will be as easy as changing a few capacitors and thats it. "

This must be spoken by the same rep that gives you db gain specs on base antennas.

If these radio's do come out I say they will flop bigger and faster then the Cobra 200. If a 2879 swap was so simple you would see tons of shops already doing that with the RCI 2970.........but you don't, and there is a reason.

The tech i deal with said that the rep told him that it would be a big deal to change one over to 2879's. He also said that he is not looking forward to it but the way he talked this had to be done for the radio to be converted to work on 11 meters. Dont make a lot of since to me and if this is the case then i to think that this will be a floop.

King Mudduck said:
Any pics yet?
cx4300hp.jpg

Yep it's in the work somewhere else too. Which will be better than Connex. But Connex will be the first out with it. Typical POP rig. Hehe

NorthStar said:
Yep it's in the work somewhere else too. Which will be better than Connex. But Connex will be the first out with it. Typical POP rig. Hehe

So are you guys insiders? What is the big secret? If you know something why don't you just post!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.