• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Galaxy 959 Problem

I'll second that on a desk mic. I using my 959 as a base setup and I use a Road Devil mic with the volume at halfway or less. The RD offers the most gain and clarity for the buck. By comparison the stock Galaxy hand mic sounds too bassy and a little in the muddy side. The 959 needs a good sounding mic to sound good. Also I got several other handmic's. It seems that the SRA-198 sounds best on my 959 however it attenuates the audio signal a whole lot. A lot of guys on this forum will steer you towards getting a Turner desk mic. Personally,I like to get a Shure SM58 studio mic as I already have a new Art Tube Amp 2 mic preamp. That and some XLR cables,some adaptation,a mic swing arm,pop filter,and I'll have a neat setup.

local here has a galaxy desk mic that sounds great. that has great audio compares
alot to a tuner and will match the galaxy nice . jmo.

I just tried to share a pic of my PS but failed, it said the pic is too small....SMH. I guess im not posting pix on here anymore.

I just tried to share a pic of my PS but failed, it said the pic is too small....SMH. I guess im not posting pix on here anymore.

If you have the pic on the net somewhere just do img code. Works great. Right click on the pic and copy img location then put it up like this
no spaces between img code and the link at either end.

Really proud of my DX959 it gets out real good. Talked to a guy up in Main this morning he said I was loud and clear cutting through all the hash and trash. Also talked to a guy in Palm Springs Cali. Was on LSB38 I didn't really expect to get out this good. I'm in north central Arkansas.

Really proud of my DX959 it gets out real good. Talked to a guy up in Main this morning he said I was loud and clear cutting through all the hash and trash. Also talked to a guy in Palm Springs Cali. Was on LSB38 I didn't really expect to get out this good. I'm in north central Arkansas.

If you are triple 7 I talked to you today. Rooster 974 VT. I could hear Palm Springs but fading in and out and couldn't get him. Would love to be able to "touch" the west coast. "Touch" in a "good way" BTW.

If that was you, your audio was great and crystal clear.(y)

If you are triple 7 I talked to you today. Rooster 974 VT. I could hear Palm Springs but fading in and out and couldn't get him. Would love to be able to "touch" the west coast. "Touch" in a "good way" BTW.

If that was you, your audio was great and crystal clear.(y)

I'm Arkansas 201. There is some guy from PalmSprings on there all the time on LSB38.

Reactions: 1 person
I bought two patch cords from Redman one is good the other not , for what they cost not worth the aggravation to send them back .

Jheez Louise... if you can't even get patch chords that work, I'll make some up for ya. Just let me know what you'd need, I'll go buy the stuff and you can just pay me for them. I'll send them usps priority. I know you have a hard time soldering. That would be no problem!

I have been working on my soldering must say getting back to normal . I haven't made patch cords in a while but that's my next thing I repaired a couple of radios last week that had bad cold solder joints an got them working . I bought one of those small alligator clip vices @ Harbor Freight for $2.99 an must say it works sweet .Almost ready to install Blue led's in the 2000.Thanks Hobie !

Is it ok to leave a SWR/Watt meter hooked in all the time while using the radio? I have a workman nice little meter it does SWR and up to 1000 watts. My coax is 50' from the 959 to the antron and its the big stuff RG8U Foam. The jumper I'm using is small like RG58 and its 3'. Should I make a jumper with the RG8 or is it ok just to use what I have since its only 3'?

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5336136228&icep_item=290900342425

This is the meter I have.

I got a new pole today and moved my Antron99 up a few feet. I got the bottom of antenna at 26'8" puts the tip of the antenna around 43' its around 7' higher than it was. I was shooting for 30" to the bottom of antenna but ran out of pole and coax. I dunno if it will make any difference or not.

I like the metal roof , if you buy ( or make ) a jumper you can leave your meter in line but get a good quality one not that crap they sell at RS . the large diameter cable your talking about will work fine !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.