• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Galaxy 959 Problem

Exactly...they can tell if someone tweaked a radio and if that tweak caused a problem...and that two year warranty is likely through the seller, not the manufacturer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

You said Redman has a two warranty in addition to Galaxy's two year warranty. That's double coverage. If it's a Galaxy warranty issue then Galaxy will fix. If it's Something Redman did he's supposed to fix it.

Again, your first mistake was buying a radio from them...

Your second mistake was having the work done to it by them.

Have a nice day...

Have a nice day...

I agree 100% I'm not arguing with you. I'm just doing what Redman said. If he screwed it up and they dont fix it and I dont expect them to. He will or else. This has alreasdy costed me $234 and I still dont hav it in my hand working. I'm not a happy camper about it either.

Have a nice day...

It is a shame he has to learn the hard way though. When you make a purchase for an item you expect that item to work, and if it does not you expect every effort to be made to correct the situation. We are hobbyists who know where to purchase items and we also know who to stay away from. The average "Joe" doesn't have this knowledge, doesn't mean they should be taking advantage of.

Reactions: 2 people
It's a long way from Malaysia. There's always the possibity of getting a Galaxy with bad solder joints,bad parts,etc...
Also,Galaxy's come standard with a loose SO-239 and mic socket.
Good thing there's a warranty.

Reactions: 1 person
I done my homework before I ordered this radio but obviously I didn't do it good enough. I know people that's ordered lots of stuff from this guy with no issues. He has good eBay feedback with a couple negatives. But you can't make everyone happy. I'm not blaming no one till they tell me what happened. It could be just a bad soder from the factory or something simple. As of right now I have no idea.

It's a long way from Malaysia. There's always the possibity of getting a Galaxy with bad solder joints,bad parts,etc...
Also,Galaxy's come standard with a loose SO-239 and mic socket.
Good thing there's a warranty.

You took the words out of my mouth as I was typing.

I the owner bought this radio new peaked and tuned with a 2yr warranty. Plugged it up for about 3 minutes before it quit new out of the box.
:pop:

You bought it new then paid someone to open it up and modify it. Don't know about the USA but here that invalidates the warranty and you would have to claim from the company who did the mod.

Knights CB here in the UK do it to the President Grant 2 they sell as they come with 3W output and in their opinion, low audio. However if the radio develops a fault it is Knights that it gets sent back to to sort it out, not President.

Galaxy 959 said:
Every radio on Redmans site has 2yr warranty in bold even if peaked and tuned. Even the refurbs. So if its not got one Galaxy needs to quit sending him radios.

And your warranty would be with Redmans, not Galaxy.

No it says 2yr mfg warranty in bold on all his radios.

Which will be honoured by the manufacturer for untwatted radios. Once someone has twatted with it then all bets are off and the only warranty you have is from the retailer if they were the ones who screwdrivered the radio.

CB's and exports are sold by dealers whom have a symbiotic relationship with the manufacturers. The shop gets to make $$$ by peaking, tuning and expanding these radios. Galaxy, Ranger and the like, make big ass $$$ by letting them do it.

As long as the shop doesn't butcher the radio, the various radio makers will honor the warranty. It's how things are done.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I sent in a 98vhp that 2 other shops had worked on and galaxy of cali just sent me a new 1 in the box and did the channel mod and alignment no questions asked before they shipped it to me.

Reactions: 3 people
CB's and exports are sold by dealers whom have a symbiotic relationship with the manufacturers. The shop gets to make $$$ by peaking, tuning and expanding these radios. Galaxy, Ranger and the like, make big ass $$$ by letting them do it.

As long as the shop doesn't butcher the radio, the various radio makers will honor the warranty. It's how things are done.

I can confirm this because I was having issues with my Galaxy a while back. I called Galaxy and talked to one of their techs. He asked me where I bought the radio from and what the serial number was. actually went into detail about the mods I had done when I purchased the radio. I bought mine from GI joes and the tech spoke highly of them. I ended up not sending my radio in for repair because it was a minor issue however the offer was indeed on the table from Galaxy. This was after we talked about where I bought the radio from and what all the tech had done to it. Galaxy was well aware of what the dealer had done to it and obviously had no problems with it thus NOT voiding the warranty. that's just my experience with Galaxy. One other note: Galaxy did not put a void if removed sticker on my radio but GI Joes did so sometimes people think that Galaxy puts these stickers on the radios but its really the techs that put their own stickers on them to keep other techs out them keeping them from butchering their work.

WOW! Got my 959 back this morning. I haven't tried it yet but will post back when I do. It has a sticky note on it that says Replaced Q60 and Aligned. Then below it says DO DO DO OCCUN whatever that means.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.