• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Palomar Ceramic Microphone

If we could get some more reviews or even a short YouTube video showing how it sounds on both AM and SSB. Use a couple different radios as well as a couple HF radios. Would be nice to see a sweep of the freq response like the others have said as well. The mic looks nice and appears to be well built. Hope it sounds good as I might get one for myself for Christmas LOL! And thanks for the info Eric and glad you joined the forum. Spoke with you long ago when I first bought one of my magnum 257's, back in either late 2012 or early 2013. I asked about any new radios coming out and such. Sorry about the passing of your father, but it appears you are trying to get back to the roots of it and make it better! Keep up the hard work. It will pay off if you put out well made products that work well. Have a good one.
And HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!

Palomar has always fascinated me as I hear bits and pieces of rumors going back to it being named after Palomar mountain in San Diego. Then there were the knockoffs? Boomer Superstar. And even the unauthorized? use of the Palomar name. I have a pick of the Palomar 225 on my profile a great little AB 2 1446 made 10 years ago. And than the late Mr. Vernon amps out of Texas. I would guess more amps called Palomar than any other even more than Texas Star.

Reactions: BBB
Welcome Eric. Great to see you post here. Love the reference to Sam in the product ID (y)

Obviously I'm already fan, owning a classic AR3500, several RF Limited mics and multiple Magnum transceivers. We look forward to seeing new and innovative products from Palomar in the future.

Reactions: 222DBFL
welcome to fourm eric!! i own a ar3500 magnum delta force , 2018 , had a omega force and had a ar3300. ive been impressed by u and your dads products.at some point im sure ill try a mgnum 1. id love to see a desk mic that can use power from the radio some of the magnum radios had a HOT pin that supplied voltage or use battery. i got this idea cause i love the stock mike on the delta/omega force but would perfer a desk mic. looking foreward too see more products.one question is this new mike does it have a variable adjustment in it?? sorry 2 hear about dad

Reactions: 222DBFL
The magnum 257HP mics were darn good too. Man they worked well with that radio! No need for a different mic! Like hotrod said. Be cool to see a couple mics like that put out. Just add a battery and make them in 4 pin cobra like the Palomar mic and also a desk mic would rock too!! Hope to see some nice stuff from you guys like what I heard when speaking on the phone to you guys back a few years ago!! Keep at it and make good products and they will come!!!

I may buy one here for myself for Christmas. Just a couple weeks. Have to make sure the kids have all their stuff first though!!!

Reactions: BBB
Thx 543. Would be nice to at least have a short review of it and would be awesome to have a watergate of it!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated