• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New president lincoln 2

I can only deduce, that the reviewer of this radio, refuse to demonstrate the CW capability so as not to anger their benefactors.

Last edited:
I can only deduce, that the reviewer of this radio, refuse to demonstrate the CW capability so as not to anger their benefactors.

Just one minute fella, if your pointing the finger at me, I review products for my own pleasure, if I choose to show CW use I will, my choice, nothing to do with "angering any benefactors".
I think that statement is Ferking disrespectful TBH :bdh::angry:
You may or may not know reviews if my hobby and I work for no body.
I'm the Forman of an Engineering company and have to work long hours to pay the bills in the week.

TBH how many Lincoln IIs are ever going to be used on Ham bands let alone CW, not many , and I feel it is hardly a pressing test to show.......I tell you what YOU buy one and do some CW test and I look forward to seeing YOUR work on Youtube .
I'm sick and tired of some people "Expecting" people like me to bend over backward to help them and never buy anything anyway.:cry:

Reactions: 1 person
I want to thank you for the tests you've run already. I should think that the Uniden would have done their homework in designing these radios for a more hardcore scrutinizing Europeon market. I'm pretty sure they have done extensive marketing research in designing these radios. I think that the 980 SSB was most likely a test bed to gauge how the Europeon market would respond.

Looks like the Lincoln 2 is programmable whereas the Grant 2 isn't the Lincoln 2 would reach a slightly different buyer that those desiring a radio like the Grant 2. I'd get both radios. Sort of like having an an ice cream come in each hand.

After watching CBRadioMagazine's video on the Lincoln 2,the Lincoln 2 would fit in a Din sized hole better than the Grant 2,has dual finals,and additional display color,LCD display is cold natured but works fine after a 15 minute warmup. Has a PA jack in addition the the external speaker jack. Has a noisier receive like the CRE-8900,has better audio clarity on SSB than the 8900,got a fresher looking case whereas the Grant 2's 980'ish case is now looking dated like something out of the eighties car stereo wise.

I'd pick the Grant 2 only for it's better quieter receive but tge Lincoln 2 looks like a better all around deal with the exception of it's noisier receive.

http://youtu.be/Un78QLtCvWQ

After watching CBRadioMagazine's video on the Lincoln 2,the Lincoln 2 would fit in a Din sized hole better than the Grant 2,has dual finals,and additional display color,LCD display is cold natured but works fine after a 15 minute warmup. Has a PA jack in addition the the external speaker jack. Has a noisier receive like the CRE-8900,has better audio clarity on SSB than the 8900,got a fresher looking case whereas the Grant 2's 980'ish case is now looking dated like something out of the eighties car stereo wise.

I'd pick the Grant 2 only for it's better quieter receive but tge Lincoln 2 looks like a better all around deal with the exception of it's noisier receive.

President Lincoln II CB Export Radio AM FM SSB 10 Meter - YouTube

Is why I like his reviews. There are no emotional attachments to his reviewed equipment. If he finds an issue later, he'll perform a follow-up. I might not do, or have video reviews of stuff I buy, but I will pass along my observations good or bad.

I know Drew doesn't operate CW, so I wouldn't expect him to review that feature.

My nickname is Brew ...I can see where the drew came from :)

In any case, I should have a written review posted next week sometime on the Lincoln II. I feel I've put the radio through the paces pretty good so far and reports continue to be excellent. The functions and features are user friendly. Only issue so far is the cold weather (below freezing to near freezing) warm up which takes about 15 minutes for the screen to fully appear and frequency to come back to normal. Of course the other day my radar detector didn't turn on in the cold weather so I can't say it's the only electronic to be effected :)

I know there has been discussion about the Grant II vs Lincoln II but it's really comparing two completely different animals. While I did say I believe the Grant II receiver has an edge, in just about every other respect the Lincoln II is the superior radio, especially for many of the freeband/ham operators we have on the forum. The guys who don't like the 2950DX because it has too many buttons, etc might like the Grant II because it is easier to navigate but for most people the Lincoln II has much more to offer including the tuning steps, higher output, splits, etc.

And we all know the old saying - You can't please all of the people all of the time (and in the radio world it's hard to even please some of the people some of the time) :) It's a fun new radio, but it's definitely pricey so people over here are going to have to weigh out their options before dropping the coin.

Overall, just super excited to see President pull the trigger and release the new radios, lots of fun.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.