• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Sirio Tornado 27

Good deal man. Also give the coax jumper length a try. All you need is a barrel connector. Add different lengths of coax and see what happens. Won't hurt anything and you might be suprised at what can happen. Good luck and keep us updated man! Be safe as well!!

Reactions: Galaxy 959
Good deal man. Also give the coax jumper length a try. All you need is a barrel connector. Add different lengths of coax and see what happens. Won't hurt anything and you might be suprised at what can happen. Good luck and keep us updated man! Be safe as well!!
Did some tree trimming today. Didn't really affect the SWR enough to tell but it shows the Resistance at 50ohms now. Going to post a couple more replies with a 1' and a 3' Jumper.

Attachments

• No Jumper.jpg
    No Jumper.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 4
Try a longer coax jumper like a 9ft one. You seem to have it pretty well dialed in at where it is looking at your meter. 1.2:1 and 50ohms at 27.1236. Pretty good. Might just want to leave it be where it is. If you feel like experimenting try longer coax jumpers. Not a 1ft one or 3ft. Try one that is at least 9ft long. Or like I said, leave it be if it's working well. JMHO.

Reactions: Galaxy 959
Try a longer coax jumper like a 9ft one. You seem to have it pretty well dialed in at where it is looking at your meter. 1.2:1 and 50ohms at 27.1236. Pretty good. Might just want to leave it be where it is. If you feel like experimenting try longer coax jumpers. Not a 1ft one or 3ft. Try one that is at least 9ft long. Or like I said, leave it be if it's working well. JMHO.
I pushed up the antenna to as high as I can get it with my pole and this is the reading at 26'8" to the bottom of the antenna. I also turned so all 4 radials so they was the furthest away from any limbs.

Attachments

• Full Length Coax.jpg
    Full Length Coax.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 6
This is at the antenna with a 1' lmr240 times microwave jumper professionally soldered.
Keep in mind this is with the antenna at 19' to the bottom with me standing under it with my head almost in the radials.

Attachments

• At the Antenna.jpg
    At the Antenna.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 7
This is at the antenna at the 19' height. This is the freq it flattened out at. And this makes more since because the top section of the antenna is at 35".

Attachments

• At the antenna flat reading.jpg
    At the antenna flat reading.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 8
Why would the SWR be different with my 50' of coax or the the 1' jumper. Maybe my coax is messed up because where it flattened out at is where the antenna is adjusted to at 35". That 1' jumper is Professionally done but I done my 50' coax ends myself.

Hey there 959, don't want to start a war here, But IMO I wouldnt worry about what you are reading with the 1ft coax jumper. The reading you are getting with 50ft of coax should be fine.
Take a dummy load and place it at the end of the coax and see what the readings are at said freq that the antenna tunes at. At the height you have the tip set at the antenna should have tuned at 27.600 or so which is exactly what you show. With this said, raise the tip height up a bit to about 1020mm or 40.5"-41" and I would venture to say you will have it tuned correclty. JMHO. Keep up the good work, everything you are doing is helping as I thought it would. Getting the tree limbs cut and moving the radials helped!! Again, this is JMHO, but I tnink you are spot on with your measurements and where the antenna should be tuned at with the tip height set at 35" or so. Move it up like I have stated and I bet it will be right on the money. Don't get to hung up on your coax being bad. It's not. You are headed in the right direction IMO, and will continue to see improvements as you lengthen the tip some. Again, good job and keep at it!! JMHO.

Hey there 959, don't want to start a war here, But IMO I wouldnt worry about what you are reading with the 1ft coax jumper. The reading you are getting with 50ft of coax should be fine.
Take a dummy load and place it at the end of the coax and see what the readings are at said freq that the antenna tunes at. At the height you have the tip set at the antenna should have tuned at 27.600 or so which is exactly what you show. With this said, raise the tip height up a bit to about 1020mm or 40.5"-41" and I would venture to say you will have it tuned correclty. JMHO. Keep up the good work, everything you are doing is helping as I thought it would. Getting the tree limbs cut and moving the radials helped!! Again, this is JMHO, but I tnink you are spot on with your measurements and where the antenna should be tuned at with the tip height set at 35" or so. Move it up like I have stated and I bet it will be right on the money. Don't get to hung up on your coax being bad. It's not. You are headed in the right direction IMO, and will continue to see improvements as you lengthen the tip some. Again, good job and keep at it!! JMHO.
If you read back earlier you will see where I had it 40.5" it made the SWR way higher. Thats why I think its something with my coax. It shows good with the 50' coax at 27.125 with the tip at 35". But shows high with the 1' jumper at 27.125. But with the 1' jumper its shows good SWR at the 27.600.

SWR is flat with 1' jumper at 35" At 27.600
SWR is 2.0 with 50" coax at 35" At 27.600
Will post the 2 pics when they get uploaded.

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.