• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Sirio Vector 4000 on the Tower.

MY Antenna.jpg

This is my first Sirio Vector 4000. The OEM advertise as new and improved... What did they improve? I'm hoping it will last for a while on the Tower and not break. Sometimes we get some strong wind gusts and storms here in Maryland..

They improved it by making the cone legs 108", old model used 90"
overall length is 3/4wave, old model was 7/8,

sirio claim that gives a lower radiation angle. it probably does, the old version was too long.
Strange ,,,my radials i am certain are 106 inch long ..its still on a 10 foot pole as i have not got it on the mast yet after repairs from storm Ciara and dennis in the uk ..i will give it a measure ...i think i measure from the bottom bolt to top of the ring

Reactions: Rwb
View attachment 36920
This is my first Sirio Vector 4000. The OEM advertise as new and improved... What did they improve? I'm hoping it will last for a while on the Tower and not break. Sometimes we get some strong wind gusts and storms here in Maryland..
Looks good up their ..how high is it ? the weak point seams the ring attachment to the radals ,,on mine the way sirio had crimp the end of the tube flat thay had crimpt it way to hard and flat so i believe it has over work hardened it you can see below its splits at the side and has left a mark in raduas around the area around the uncrimp part that may crack.
Screenshot at 2020-05-12 19-49-00.png
here is a vid of me beefing up my ring

2m V4k back in operation. Some zinc coated screws to be replaced with stainless steel a soon as the weather clears after the weekend and I pick them up from the hardware store.
Analyzer (MFJ-259B) not measuring correctly so this one is set with VHF/UHF SWR meter.
Band edges are 1.3:1 & 1.4:1. It is 1.1:1 in the middle of the band.
Now to test it on the air over time. Will see how it does on on Monday night Simplex Trader's Net on 146.520 7:30 PM. That will give me a good sampling of near and farther out 2m stations.

20200514_124442-01.jpeg

View attachment 36920

Don’t you have any interaction between them ?

Sirio says that the V 4000 don’t like nearby antennas. Any issues with SWR ?

Don’t you have any interaction between them ?

Sirio says that the V 4000 don’t like nearby antennas. Any issues with SWR ?
No SWR issues. I tuned it on a 10ft pole attached to my deck, then put it on the tower. Tune is great, SWR 1.2 at its highest.The Sirio is currently doing a great job making DX contacts. Its doing so great i might upgrade to a 10K watt Gamma

No SWR issues. I tuned it on a 10ft pole attached to my deck, then put it on the tower. Tune is great, SWR 1.2 at its highest.The Sirio is currently doing a great job making DX contacts. Its doing so great i might upgrade to a 10K watt Gamma

I live in a concrete house. Antenna mast is almost in the middle of the house. Ground rod if far from mast, about 20 feet away. Instead of using ground wire, I use a 1.5” wide solid copper ground strap
( lower capacitance ) bought from DX Engineering.

I could never lowered the SWR below 1.5 on Channel 11. Here are the numbers with and without ground . Here are the numbers:

With Ground

SWR= 2.0 @ 28,210
1.5 @ 27,085
2.0 @ 26,530

Bandwidth = 1,680 KHz

Without ground

SWR= 2.0 @ 28,310
1.5 @ 27,000
2.0 @ 26,490

Bandwidth = 1,820 KHz

As you can see, when grounded, it tends to go lower in frecuency and bandwidth is wider.

What I can’t achieve is lower the SWR below 1.5. Some say I have to play with the dogbone, gamma match and whip.

I have an analizer but if you have approximate measurements to begin with, will be easier. I set measurements for channel 20, according with the Sirio V4000 manual,

I live in a concrete house. Antenna mast is almost in the middle of the house. Ground rod if far from mast, about 20 feet away. Instead of using ground wire, I use a 1.5” wide solid copper ground strap
( lower capacitance ) bought from DX Engineering.

I could never lowered the SWR below 1.5 on Channel 11. Here are the numbers with and without ground . Here are the numbers:

With Ground

SWR= 2.0 @ 28,210
1.5 @ 27,085
2.0 @ 26,530

Bandwidth = 1,680 KHz

Without ground

SWR= 2.0 @ 28,310
1.5 @ 27,000
2.0 @ 26,490

Bandwidth = 1,820 KHz

As you can see, when grounded, it tends to go lower in frecuency and bandwidth is wider.

What I can’t achieve is lower the SWR below 1.5. Some say I have to play with the dogbone, gamma match and whip.

I have an analizer but if you have approximate measurements to begin with, will be easier. I set measurements for channel 20, according with the Sirio V4000 manual,
I had to move the dog bone on mine.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated