• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Yaesu Ft-991 HF/VHF/UHF Base & Mobile Rig

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Yaesu has announced the new all band FT-991 compact rig for base and mobile use that will replace the FT-897D. In addition to the standard modes, it will also support Yaesu's C4FM Digital mode. With the absence of a true mobile HF rig from Icom's lineup, the new FT-991 could become a major player in the ham market, if for no other reason than its form factor.

Here are a few pics from the 2014 Tokyo Ham Fair:
[album="large"]466[/album]

Here is the press release:

We are pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new product, The FT-991 HF/50MHz/VHF/UHF Base Station Transceiver. The Yaesu FT-991 Transceiver is capable of operating SSB, CW, AM, FM, Packet and System Fusion C4FMDigital. The legendary tradition of Yaesu design is a legacy of excellence established decades ago, providing quality, stability and durability. The Yaesu FT-991 is designed for the most competitive operating situations, with a suite of new features to’enhance the experience. Whether you primarily operate at home, mobile or in the field, the FT-991 will provide outstanding fundamental performance and an inviting expansion into a full featured base station.

Please refer below for more information on the features of the new FT-991. We will release the new FT-991 at the Tokyo HAM FAIR in 2014.

Radio Features;
  • 160 Meters through 70 Centimeters – SSB/CW/FM/C4FM Digital/AM/RTTY/PSK
  • 100 Watts (2 Meter / 70 Centimeter: 50 Watts) of Solid Performance
  • 3.5 inch TFT Full-Color Touch Panel Operation for Superior Operability and Visibility
  • High Speed Spectrum Scope with ASC (Automatic Spectrum-Scope Control) built-in
  • Roofing Filter 3 kHz and 15 kHz
  • High Accuracy TCXO ±0.5 ppm and high resolution DDS and PLL local oscillator
  • 32-bit High Speed Floating Point IF DSP
  • IF WIDTH and IF SHIFT provides great QRM Rejection
  • CONTOUR, DNR, IF Notch and APF (Audio Peak Filter, CW only)
  • 160 – 6 Meters High Speed Automatic Antenna Tuner included

Nice looking radio, curious as to what the price will be as well! Looks the part anyway.

Although a nice looking radio and I am sure it will work great I don't like the display. There is too much information on the display to be useful in the car.

Looking at it again... it has the Fusion analog/digital FM system, digital packet, GPS, etc. I'm going to up my price estimate to put it closer to two grand. Looking for more information and came across a blog, only to be reminded the translators still "ain't all that". I'm really not sure what dirty shirt juice is. :laugh:

Brett

That is why, if you eat just curry udon
汁が飛び散ってシャツを汚してへこんでるジャイアンです。 It is a Giant, which is dented and dirty shirt juice is splattered.
さて、FT-991の参考出品、見てから一目惚れですねぇー Well, Ne~e that it is love at first sight reference exhibit of FT-991, from watching
ただ、型式がFTdx-991とかFTM-991じゃない However, the model is not a FTM-991 Toka FTdx-991
普通のFT型式なのでFT-897とかFT-450のライン Line of the FT-450 Toka FT-897 because it is usually the type of FT
なんでしょうきっと。 What would kit.
スペックは発表になっていますが、細かい機能は Spec has become the announcement, but the fine function
発表になっていないのかな・・ · I wonder if not in the announcement
ディスプレイに衛星のマークがあるからなにがしかの Or Nanigashi because there is mark of the satellite to display
GPS対応なのかとか、背面にRJ-45のLAN端子が Toka whether the GPS-enabled, the LAN terminal of the RJ-45 on the back
あるので、PCでリモコンとかいろいろ考えて Since there, thinking all sorts remote control PC
しまいますが、今後の動きが楽しみです。 It will get, but the movement of the future I look forward to.
ATUが内蔵というのは嬉しいですね、やはり移動運用とか ATU is that the built-in I am happy, Toka move operation again
モービルに特化した無線機なんでしょうね And I guess a radio that specializes in Mobile
どうやらパネルはセパレートにはならないのは残念ですが Not be a separate but it is a pity panel apparently
何がしかのコントローラーが接続できれば良いかもです。 It may be what if the connection is controller of deer.
FTM-400のパネルが接続できるとかそんな設定が Is such a setting panel of FTM-400 is able to connect Toka
あったら喜びますけどね・・ · Although I will joy if available
価格は本体15万円以下、いろいろオプション入れても ¥ 150,000 or less body, the price also put various options
20万円以下で買えるといいなー I hope you buy 200,000 yen or less
マイク/キーがBTで接続できパソコンともLANで接続 Connected by a LAN with a PC can be connected at the BT microphone / key

I saw on YO9IRF's site that the UHF/VHF connector is actually a type "N" and not an SO-239. Also they believe the price to be just over 1,000 bucks. Nice to see a bigger screen on their mobiles, for sure.

Brett

You might want to sit down Brett....lol

The rig should be available for shipping in about two weeks. MSRP is $1800!! Selling on the street for $1699.00+- a few bucks. With the FT-1200DX down to $1199.00 I may have to re-think buying the FT-991 since I was going to use it as a base radio.

Reactions: binrat

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated