• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

one more tower

Robalo

Aug 21, 2006
California
my friends tower, we just finished it up today. we made alot of mistakes on it but we've got it working.

Last edited:

Robalo, you know I love you! You are always out there getting it done! But those pictures scared the CRAP out of me!!!!

The 30' push-up pole was designed to be guyed, mounted to the ground or roof, and never subjected to the torture you put it through! You are lucky it didn't come crashing down!

With all due respect, its reasons like this that aluminum CB antennas went away! Owners were killing themselves!

thank you MC for the comment but the owner of the tower isn't listening to my advice, doesnt even want to tune the antenna correctly, all he wants is just 100 feet in the air. i did my best on the security of it. that day it was over 100 degrees, and we were arguing and just wanted to get it done but at least he's happy with it. at least its more practice before i get one of my own. i have 2 more to do before summers over but i hope i'll do those better.

Robalo, thanks for clarifying who the idiot is! 8) I just KNEW you were better than that! You da' MAN!

I also want to thank you for trying to educate the galacticly stupid. We can only do the best we can!

does anyone know the name or brand of this antenna tower? i need the manual as soon as possible, i have 10 days to show it to the city. the bottom part is a 12x12x12 triangle its about 50ft. take a look at the pictures i have in the photobucket link above and please let me know if you have any information on it, thanks.

oh and it doesnt have to be the exact thing, it can be something thats very similar just to show it to the city. all they want is a manual, blueprints, and a ham radio license

Yes I do and you don't want the info. Why? Because the factory information will state that this tower should be GUYED! The city is going to have you for breakfast!

Its real close to a Rohn 25G. Count the steps on the 10' section and let me know if you have 7 or 8.

The base plate was actually designed to be mounted on a flat roof. The part number is FR25G.

http://www.radiancorp.com/ROHNNET/rohnnet2001/catalog/pdfs/25G/25gtowers.html

his antenna has 8 steps on each 10ft section and it has 6 guys on it already, 3 on top and 3 in the middle with egg insulators.
rohn 25G fold-over tower .

Hotrod yes the antenna is maco v5/8 5000 and the tower is infront of the house and is about 55ft tall is my friend house.every thing goes well i just need the manual. thank you for look and help. 73's ROBALO

we're still working on it. he's just waiting on the blue prints from a local engineer so the city can inspect it. thanks for asking. i'll let you guys know.

dxChat
Help Users