• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Original Stryker....Shawn!

Karo. I feel your pain.

The whole idea of the Stryker was to get a radio that didn't need any after factory mods to make it better.

It is very difficult nowadays to find competent experienced repair work performed in almost any arena of endeavor.

CB radio might just be the worst, but it isn't alone!

I took my M3 to a renown racing shop ( this place does very well at 24 hr. Daytona ) for an oil change and brake fluid change. The guy overfilled the oil by 1 1/2 quarts. This is a dry sump application and to much oil is a no no.

By the way a oil change and brake fluid change cost me $ 340.

Thats alot of $$ for labor!!! especially when you consider the mistake the guy made.

This place specialized in BMW and Porsche.

Marty said:
I talked to a person several times that bought a Stryker radio about a week ago and his radio sounded very clear from 6 miles away and he said I sounded loud on my stock Uniden 78 XL on my A-99 on a 20 foot TV antenna pole.

No one said the radio couldn't talk.

Guys it's like this. The Stryker has inherent noise problem and i don't know why they let it go out the door that way. I have had many of these things here at my house on both beam and vertical antennas and also in many different mobile setups and it was always the same thing so it's not an install problem like was mentioned. I really hate that this radio that sounds so good on air receives so poorly because i loved mine and if they EVER fix it i will have another one.

.........only time will tell.

DCowboys said:
Marty said:
I talked to a person several times that bought a Stryker radio about a week ago and his radio sounded very clear from 6 miles away and he said I sounded loud on my stock Uniden 78 XL on my A-99 on a 20 foot TV antenna pole.

No one said the radio couldn't talk.

I guess what I was getting at was that he could hear my barefoot radio pretty good on channel 19 from 6 miles away. rooooogerrrrrrr :LOL:

Shawn sent me a couple receive mods that seem to be taking alot of the crap out without killing receive range. I'm trying them out in my own radios, but so far, so good. I imagine they'll be posted on the Stryker website once they're proven to be reliable.

DTB Radio said:
Shawn sent me a couple receive mods that seem to be taking alot of the crap out without killing receive range. I'm trying them out in my own radios, but so far, so good. I imagine they'll be posted on the Stryker website once they're proven to be reliable.

Hopefully it works and I'll send it out to get done.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw surface mount.
Must need an iron with a needle tip and a very steady hand, steadier than mine anyway.

Strykerradio said:
I will post the picture tomorrow. This can easily be done with a low wattage soldering iron and a reasonably steady hand.

A few beers and steady as an earthquake LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.