• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

OUTRAGEOUS!

Does This Really Happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
949Jake wrote:
I understand that Justin is a friend of some of you guys and I am sure he is a very nice gentleman. It's only natural to defend your friends.

Yes or no, is he right or wrong? Chuck, your Response here

ok apparently you are HARD HEADED so I will say it again I respond because it is my opinion that you and a few others are badgering Justin. The funny thing is you have sent me PM's that indicate that Justin is crooked as you recall I responded with a challenge to you sir? You have not produced the requested material? PRODUCE OR SHUT UP It's that simple.

The top gun modulator is, to me, useless. However, for the "swing" crowd, this is a buying feature of the radio. Magnum promotes the heck out of it. I don't like it, don't use it, and therefore it is in the OFF position.

And if you read my post either you will get it or you sir fall into the later group.

Removing a component, such as the top gun modulator, and keeping it, raises eyebrows.

The ONLY part you have gotten right.

Reasons being:

1. It's not a diode, resistor, transistor, etc. If I am not mistaken, these are being sold as aftermarket devices by some places as we speak. I don't know the price, but probably 30-40 dollars.

Yes and no yes they are being offered on ebay(not by Justin I may add)But they ARE just diodes and resistors only incased in plastic, anyone with a brain would just have a good tech install an npc mod so as to get NEW diodes and resistors :shock:

2. The damn thing has an on/off switch. The only reason to remove it would be:
a. he's scared that a customer will accidently turn it on, sound like crap, and announce to everyone it's a Justin Depolis radio. Bad advertising to say the least.
b. The complexities of the on/off switch is too much for (some of) his customers.
c. There is some type of after market value or profit that can be made from them. Are they for sale on ebay? Maybe the Stryker will have a similar board? I don't know.

a)good point I would hate to have to be judged by someone elses stupidty
b)see answer to a)
c)lets see Justin helped in the desinge of the stryker,Justin hates the top gun,I'd be stunned if stryker had a top gun in it :stupid AS for ebay see earlier answer

Have you ever heard someone say, "My Dr. doesn't know his @ss from a hole in the ground." I haven't...not until someone is almost killed that is...same thing goes with techs/repairmen of any type...I can't say that I have heard the statement, "My tech is a real theif and can't do anything right."

Accualy in case you haven't been paying attention cdx197 has recently made several post to that effect concerning his amp tech?(I am certian Chris will not get anymore of his bisness) :p

I hope I'm not being hard on Justin. But I just can't get beyond the fact that the damn thing has an on/off switch. Maybe there is an explanation for this. I just do not understand it. I've come across a lot of things like that though.

The way I understand it the mods Justin has DESINGED do not work well with an npc type mod so If it were me i would take it out as well.Why let some incompitent opperator compromise the reputation he has worked so hard to (a word the hams seam to like) ACHEIVE :p

CHARLEYMARBLES take off your Cheerleading Tee-Shirt and please respond logically, in order of statement, and on topic to 949Jake's message please.

.Ok paws I belive the ball is back in your court and i am still waiting for the requested material?as for cheerleading only you would know bout that I was out on the defensive line while you was cheering

Chuck

P.S. Just woundering did you even read my last post paws?

I will agree on the ad campains / cheerleading / and what I would think of sometimes overly pats on ones back / more like pee pee rubbing to say the least .....folks like what they like and others don't !! .......Folks that tend to pat themselves on there own backs make me want throw up !! A total turn off to say the least !!Vane Conceded Crapola !! ....this post was titled "OUTRAGEOUS" ........it's seems as if it grows like a damned cancerous disease....or is that just a plane dis-ease ?

CHARLEYMARBLES said:
949Jake wrote:
I understand that Justin is a friend of some of you guys and I am sure he is a very nice gentleman. It's only natural to defend your friends.

Chuck's response here:

ok apparently you are HARD HEADED so i will say it again I respond because it is my opinion that you and a few others are badgering Justin. The funny thing is you have sent me PM's that indicate that Justin is crooked as you recall I responded with a challenge to you sir? You have not produced the requested material? PRODUCE OR SHUT UP It's that simple.

PMs (Private Messages) should be just that, but since YOU referenced it OUT HERE ON THE MAIN BOARD, why don't YOU make it PUBLIC so that everybody can judge for themselves.

The top gun modulator is, to me, useless. However, for the "swing" crowd, this is a buying feature of the radio. Magnum promotes the heck out of it. I don't like it, don't use it, and therefore it is in the OFF position.

Chuck's Response here:

And if you read my post either you will get i or you sir fall into the later group.

Removing a component, such as the top gun modulator, and keeping it, raises eyebrows.

Chuck's response here: NO RESPONSE TO Jake's point

The ONLY part you have gotten right.

Reasons being:

1. It's not a diode, resistor, transistor, etc. If I am not mistaken, these are being sold as aftermarket devices by some places as we speak. I don't know the price, but probably 30-40 dollars.

Chuck's response here:

Yes and no yes they are being offered on ebay(not by Justin I may add)But they ARE just diodes and resistors only incased in plastic, anyone with a brain would just have a good tech install an npc mod so as to get NEW diodes and resistors
:shock:

2. The damn thing has an on/off switch. The only reason to remove it would be:
a. he's scared that a customer will accidently turn it on, sound like crap, and announce to everyone it's a Justin Depolis radio. Bad advertising to say the least.
b. The complexities of the on/off switch is too much for (some of) his customers.
c. There is some type of after market value or profit that can be made from them. Are they for sale on ebay? Maybe the Stryker will have a similar board? I don't know.

Chuck finally responds on topic and to the point:

a)good point I would hate to have to be judged by someone elses stupidty
b)see answer to a)
c)lets see Justin helped in the desinge of the stryker,Justin hates the top gun,I'd be stunned if stryker had a top gun in it :stupid AS for ebay see earlier answer

Have you ever heard someone say, "My Dr. doesn't know his @ss from a hole in the ground." I haven't...not until someone is almost killed that is...same thing goes with techs/repairmen of any type...I can't say that I have heard the statement, "My tech is a real theif and can't do anything right."

Chuck's response:

Accualy in case you haven't been paying attention cdx197 has recently made several post to that effect concerning his amp tech?(I am certian Chris will not get anymore of his bisness)
:p

I hope I'm not being hard on Justin. But I just can't get beyond the fact that the damn thing has an on/off switch. Maybe there is an explanation for this. I just do not understand it. I've come across a lot of things like that though.

Chuck, response here:

The way I understand it the mods Justin has DESINGED do not work well with an npc type mod so If it were me i would take it out as well.Why let some incompitent opperator compromise the reputation he has worked so hard to (a word the hams seam to like)
ACHEIVE :p

CHARLEYMARBLES take off your Cheerleading Tee-Shirt and please respond logically, in order of statement, and on topic to 949Jake's message please.

Ok paws I belive the ball is back in your court and i am still waiting for the requested material?as for cheerleading only you would know bout that I was out on the defensive line while you was cheering

Chuck

P.S. Just woundering did you even read my last post paws?

Let's straighten out one thing here, I never questioned Justin/CharleyMarbles technical abilities (they must be joined at the hip), I started out saying that it is OUTRAGEOUS to remove anything from a radio and not give it back. The Top Gun could have been disabled from the switch but left inside the radio, to do anything other than that was questionable operating procedures, I stand by this.

Ok I belive I answered each and every question you posed. Now if you don't like my answers that is your problem,I noticed you wern't able to give any real reason that my answers were wrong? As to the P.M.'s they get deleated after I read them so if you have them archived you may post them as I have nothing to hide. I responded to them and you have not responded to my challenge, so I can only assume that you do not have the requested material?As for leaaving the TG in the radio it only begs to have some not so smart soul try to hook it back up there by ruining all the work Justin did to make the radio kick @$$ As i stated I would offer the part back to the customer and that is all.If the customer wanted the unit left inplace i would decline the job.Kinda like when one of my customers ask me to refit his kitchen but wanted me to reuse his old plumbing and fixtures.I DECLINED THE JOB as I to have worked long and hard to establish a higher standard of craftmanship and am not about to let it be eroded by someone not wanting the job done properly.Going back to the automotive analogys if your power steering pump is leaking do you dump trans. fluid in it (cause its cheep) or fix the leak?
Now I will say if you are away from your aera and want to use a quick fix to get back before the actual repair this is fine (in the army we called it BDAR) but you bet your last buck when it got back to the motor pool we fixed it PROPERLY.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.