• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

palomar 400 high drive

I would try to keep the forward drive below 30 watts pep. You could drive it with a little more but it will damage the resistors used on the hi/med/low switch and will over drive the amplifier anyway.

No, thats not gonna work at all. Some one has swapped in a 2879 for a 3749 and thats not a good idea. Good luck with that one. I don't even think 3749s are correct.

" That would work if the 2879 is being used to drive the 3 other transistors."

Say what?? No such thing as a one pill driving three. Sorry.

No, thats not gonna work at all. Some one has swapped in a 2879 for a 3749 and thats not a good idea. Good luck with that one. I don't even think 3749s are correct.

" That would work if the 2879 is being used to drive the 3 other transistors."

Say what?? No such thing as a one pill driving three. Sorry.
That would require a very large wattage resistor to balance the output stage with the single resistor, cheaper to just add another transistor.lol

Schematics shown for this amp and I believe dwb showed us 2 show that amp using either sd-1446 or MRF455 transistors so obviously it has already been modified or is another version that we've not seen a schematic for.

Yea, I could have stated that different since a skilled person could build something like that. It seems as a general rule amplifiers have even numbers of pills at the final stage.

Bottom line on that Palomar is none of those pills were there when it was new. I did have a Galaxy 225 once that had two 3749's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.