• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Powermax Power Supply

well second PS came today though I revieved a PM4 instead of PM3...will see how it goes stacking these, will post my findings.

CIMG0169.jpg

Watts ÷ Volts = Amps so it depends on what voltage was used to determine amps.
I would bet its a 1200 watt supply at 110v and output will be 100 amps at 12v flat. 88.24 at 13.6v.

Reactions: TIN_CAN and Keto
Yeah the PM4 say 100amps at 13.6v and the PM3 is 100amp at 12.0v...?? Anyways have both set at 13.8v and seem to be pushing sweet 16 really good...tomorrow going to run the hopper for first time. BTW I am using #2 welding cable to conect these things.

CIMG0169.jpg

CIMG0170.jpg

Are they easy to adjust voltage, like a meter of some kind and screwdriver, type deal?

Last edited:
Are they eazy to adjust voltage, like a meter of some kind and screwdriver, type deal?
Yes just hook up your multi meter or voltage gauge whatever, end adjust carefully with a small Philips driver and that be it.

Reactions: Keto
You do realize this remark was nearly two years ago.

These are an alternative Power Supply. They are are battery chargers/maintainer. These might be use to maintain a bank of batteries. That's was what the PM3-75 is for me. PM3 V PM4 denotes # of modes. The 4th being constant set voltage output.

My PM3 does not have the Set voltage adjustment screw.

I see Staybolt last posted last week.

Last edited:
You do realize this remark was nearly two years ago.

These are an alternative Power Supply. They are are battery chargers/maintainer. These might be use to maintain a bank of batteries. That's was what the PM3-75 is for me. PM3 V PM4 denotes # of modes. The 4th being constant set voltage output.

My PM3 does not have the Set voltage adjustment screw.

I see Staybolt last posted last week.
Posting to an old thread imo is better than stating a new one. It tends to keep info in one thread.
I just purchased a 100 pm3 from ebunk.
Ive heard good reviews of the Powermax units. So far the seller thunder rv has been slow to ship. I believe ive bought from them before and they were slow then too.
Anyhow here is the sellers description. It looks like it was taken from the powermax site:

The PowerMax PM3 Series converters 110Vac power to 12Vdc power to charge a battery and/or power 12V equipment. With our state of the art 3 Stage Smart Charging and adjustable power supply modes, the PowerMax AC to DC power converter/battery charger are engineered with the user and variable environmental conditions in mind. They will fully charge and maintain any battery type while providing very clean DC power. Ideal for use in CB/Ham Radio, RV, Automotive, Boat, Car Audio, or any applications where battery charging and/or 12V power is needed.

PM3 Series Converters can also be wired in Series or Parallel to reach even higher power outputs.

Lithium compatible when using in Fixed mode output and recommend by many of the popular Lithium Battery manufacturers such as Battle Born

• Built-in 3 Stage charging and fixed single output modes
  • Suitable for charging ALL battery types including Lithium, Lead Acid and AGM
  • Fixed output mode voltage can be set between 13.0 Vdc to 16.5 Vdc
  • LED Indicator light
  • Temperature controlled- Quiet fan cooling
  • Reverse Polarity, Overload and Thermal protection
  • 2 year warranty
  • Unit weighs 9 pounds.
Item link:

Reactions: Keto
Posting to an old thread imo is better than stating a new one. It tends to keep info in one thread.

PM3 Series Converters can also be wired in Series or Parallel to reach even higher power outputs.

Item link:
I have a PM3-75 (75 amps). It does not have the switch and voltage adjustment screw for the "fixed" single output mode. Perhaps this PM3 is an oddity and constant voltage output not enabled with this unit.

Tin Can posted side by side PM3-100 and PM4-100. Physical can container shape and size notable. Tin Can confirms both have essentially 2 modes; 3 stage charging and selectable constant voltage output mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tokin
My PM3-55LK says it has 3 stage smart charging and Fixed Output Modes. It says it is Lithium compatible.

My PM3-55LK says it has 3 stage smart charging and Fixed Output Modes. It says it is Lithium compatible.
When I was researching this awhile ago, I came to conclusion LK was key. That is, PM3-75LK has switch PM3-75 does not. So yours has the switch and voltage adjust screw?

As to Lithium compatible, IMO if the charger doesn't go into fast charge or "repair" (high voltage) modes its likely safe for Lithium.
Which begs the question: When Osama bin Biden's dream of all electric vehicles clogging the far and few between charging stations will the sheople choose fast charge or safer all day charge stations?

Got any idea where Afghanistan stands in the world of Lithium reserves? And Opium production? Afghanistan once produced 80% of European opium imports. When did "Opiod Crisis" in US arise? And I'm not speaking of as far back as East India Co. created Opium War.
Afghanistan's Minister of Shite claimed Lithium reserves exceeded 2 Trillion $. He didn't expound on by how much it exceeded 2T. You don't think the Russians didn't know the value of Afghanistan before they tried to subjugate the country?

BTW there is a charging station Exit 147 I-20 Valero Truck Stop, east of Birmingham; on west bound side. Valero TS has dino-fuel stations on both sides at this exit, don't know if East bound side has charging stations. Sambo, at CB Shop inside, west bound side, could tweak your radio while you wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: whiteastro
Well it finally showed up and everything works but the fan. Ill reroute the fan supply and call it good.
Idgaf, its just a bench test supply anyhow. I have a 100a server supply that was given to me that i use in the shack for my driver and i got tired of bringing it in the house for testing amps so i bought the powermax.

Reactions: Keto and TIN_CAN
Lol so the seller sent me 2 units by mistake and told me to just keep the second one so i got 2 pm3 100lk supplies for the price of one.
I had to change out the cords, add on/off switches and rewire the fans. The factory cord wasnt long enough to go from my desk top to the outlet and as i said im a fan always on kinda guy. No on/off switch is kinda cheap too but easily enough fixed.
I also found some 100 amp 12v gang terminals on amazon im thinking of mounting to the lid. 4ga in x 4 - 8ga out and at 6.5 inches long it will fit very nicely on the lid.

61WQgSMRftL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated