• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Predator 10K gets smoked by a Monkey .....LAST NIGHT !!!!!

Switch Kit said:
I installed a monkey made today for a guy using a a quad-mount on the back side of his van with 20ft of mini 8 coax ...I was very impressed with the results right from the get go ....I did not have to adjust the stinger from the all the way down position 1.2 / 1.2 /1.3 around the band ......through the amp 1.3 /1.3 / 1.4 ......transmitted and received very nicely ..Impressive on the barefoot side as well. NOT BAD AT ALL !! .....Not my personal piece of cake in style and looks ...but there's no doubt in my mind that it lived up to it's expectations of being a very well made and performing antenna ....no aurgument here. Switch Kit
If you were impressed with the Monkey Made...Wait till you get ahold of the Predator 10K! It will blow your mind......

But dont take my word for it....check for yourself!

I got a Monkey Made of a company in the US selling on ebay, cant remember which one now, all i can say is it looked impressive although heavy. Massive flat coil on something like a 20inch shaft, however, on the flat surface of my estate car, both centre and to the rear (i tried several positions) it tunned like crap.

The stinger was lowered that much that i ended up with around 5ft 6" of total length ! from what was supplied as a stinger there was nothing left ! Then the bandwidth was just gone, i couldnt use it across 40 channels ! ive never had that problem before in the 20 + years ive been playing with radio.

My 2m ham yeasu is perfect, my other sirio 4000 antenna on 11m is great, stick the monkey on and "ahhhhhhhh". So now im buying a Mr Coily. Ive emailed Dan and got a spec, but i was away longer than i expected so sorry about that Dan if your reading (ill email later today or sunday, get the spec sorted and then paypal)

All in All im dissapointed with the Monkey Made on my tri mag with both RG213 and RGmini8.

Great reviews guys, keep up the testing, There are some great antennas out there, and even better guys making them. If you look around there are probably only a dozen people making great custom designs, all unique in looks and performance. Both Dan and Kale are just 2 of those great antenna builders, i wish we had them over here in the UK. Seroiusly....Just think what it would be like, playing radio without Dan & Kale in the antenna game ? Picture it, great radio and amp in that truck, and a DV27 on the mirror, a rubber duck on the roof ! :LOL:

Im just glad peeps can say its a Coily World or a 10k world, id be embarrased if i had to say its a Rubber Duck world :oops:

Keep up the work guys, Dan ill email later

Once upon a time ago I would have sworn that a Wilson 1000 would work on anything ....weather it was a mag mount /trunk mount or roof mount ANYTHING !!! .....Well the day finally came and to my disbelief )-: I finally had met my match in a Chevy Chavalier 2002 !! 9 times out of 10 you don't even have to tune those antenna once there on (even though it's still a good idea) and that's with any of there mounts .....well , I grounded my a$$ off on this car and tried both mag and trunk mounts ...the results were the same )-: I just couldn't get better then a 1.7 to 2.0 on this car with a Wilson to my surprise !! enough was enough and I left well enough alone.This car was not going to get a hole drilled into it but i really don't think it would have made a differance anyway nor was it going to get a power box there after. I guess what IM trying to say here is this ...Some antenna's just won't work very well on certain vehicals.......Why ? .....the hell if I know !!

Greetings 10K223,
I only have had the opprotunity to play with an 18" shaft Predator single coil I bought from a retireing african rock fish down in El Paso,I also have a 12" shaft Monkey, I had done all of my tests on a 8'5" X 8'5" flat bed mounted on a 6' set of 3" metal poles driven into the ground, I had a large "beehive" mount set in the center and I fed it from my base with 72' LMR400 feedline burried in metal conduit. My house was on flat ground and had a few trees around the house itself but they were a ways away from the test platform.

I realize this is an old post but, how would a Predator 10k compare to a Sirio Performer 5000?
Does anyone know? Has anyone tested the 2 using everything exactly the same?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.