• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Antenna's

Dang. Tree limb knocked it off the roof today. Landed smack in the bed. Luckily it didn’t seem to hurt anything.

Talked a bunch of DX today, too. Seems to be working!

;)

Years ago, when I worked a mobile setup, I mostly ran my 102" whip on the rear steel bumper of my PU Truck...and for the very reason you mentioned above.

I worked this "dummy load" setup on the truck bumper and never bent a SS whip.

Years ago, when I worked a mobile setup, I mostly ran my 102" whip on the rear steel bumper of my PU Truck...and for the very reason you mentioned above.

I imagine you did just fine with that setup :)

I do tend to like a roof mounted antenna when I can, just thankful this one wasn’t hard mounted!

As far as the earlier comments about audio volume and how it relates to antenna performance, I will say the only time I have ever noticed a reduction in volume is when at the fringes of communication. When the signal drops so low it doesn’t register on an S meter on a very quiet day.

That’s what I experienced when I tested the antennas at the fringe of my range. None of the antennas moved the needle, but all sounded about the same except the Wilson, which needed the volume turned up to be heard.

Going to try my president Texas this week with the adapter on top of my F 150...
This morning I installed a President Iowa 40" antenna onto the Third Brake Light Adapter on my F-350. I removed the antenna from the packaging and did not move the adjustment rings but only checked for tightness. SWR on all channels on the Bearcat 980 is 1.1 to 1.2.

Mine gets located CL of headache rack. Bonding everything I can. Yes, takes out canopy lights at gas stations, dings low hanging pwr lines (think I hit every one in San Leon, TX. when there), tree limbs, and birds. Use some para cord to tie back when needed. I use my hatchet to straighten it back out from time to time. Tied a kite to it once at beach while drunk fishing. Sitting on top of Ram 3500 is tall, better DX.....have hit many from Washington to Maine, North Carolina, Florida, P.R., D.R., and West Indies. Just to name a few.

Rear bumper is in the way on my rig. Working truck. So I deal with the bends, doesn't affect things, other than looking somewhat like a bent coat hanger at times. Have broken many fiberglass toploads, but can straighten that 102.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated