• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln 2 plus

Just for FYI the only time I would use both TX and RX on a CB was when I was 100% positive the TX is tracking the RX i.e both frequencies are the same. A lot of radios are not synced and this can cause issues.
So recieve only then

Morning, thanks for all the help with the radio. Now onto setting the echo. Menu features 2 parts delay and time . What does each function do? Also any president Lincoln 2 plus owners please pass along some of your settings you like . Thanks

Thanks for all your help. On to setting echo were do you who own the linc 2 keep the delay / time . Thanks

Umm........you might want to never touch the echo button while on SSB. Listen to SSB traffic for a while and you'll understand why.

The first setting is the echo, and the second setting is the reverb. Too much reverb, and they sound like crap...sounds like one is in the bottom of a barrel.

There is one problem with this radio that I know about, and the authorized dealer that's a local tech around here can't figure out why it happens. Using most power mics, it will sporadically jump back one channel. The only power mic that I used that did not jump back a channel was a Procomm/Aries CB power mic. Aries is made by Procomm.

It sporadically jumped back a channel using hand held D104, chicken choker D104 TUG-8 amplified, and a Turner +3 base microphone. Had a non-amplified Cobra stock hand mic with the gray PTT bar with 1,000 ohm electret. The Cobra mic caused it to jump back lots!

Reactions: Ziploc
The echo/reverb/power mic crowd won't buy this, but L2's have plenty of audio without much help, but they're not AM blasters. They were designed around an electret mic cartridge and lose some fidelity with other types. Believe it or not the stock mic works very well on these. I modified a D104 with an electret cartridge to use on mine and it gets very good audio reports, but the pre-amp gain is set very low. Plugged a RD104 into mine and it sounded like S#&@. Driving the radio with too much just makes them begin to splatter, but then that's all the rage nowadays.

The echo/reverb/power mic crowd won't buy this, but L2's have plenty of audio without much help, but they're not AM blasters. They were designed around an electret mic cartridge and lose some fidelity with other types. Believe it or not the stock mic works very well on these. I modified a D104 with an electret cartridge to use on mine and it gets very good audio reports, but the pre-amp gain is set very low. Plugged a RD104 into mine and it sounded like S#&@. Driving the radio with too much just makes them begin to splatter, but then that's all the rage nowadays.
How about a ranger 198 turner 56 or astatic 636?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.