• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln 2 plus

When talking DX, I am going to start asking people if their clarifier is locked or not.

I'd be interested to know if the contacts you ask that are unlocked have:
- a reasonably accurate freq counter to see where they are.
- realigned the radio after unlocking.

Myself, I don't run across very many SSB DX contacts that I have to chase with the clarifier or the VFO. If I do have to clarify them on RX, I never have to chase them with the VFO on TX, or be told that I'm off frequency. My radio has had a post-factory alignment, maybe that helps, IDK.

Think I'll start asking also.

Last edited:
1 thing I notice that I don’t like about the stock mic is that it’s picks up the pffffts and pops and crap

Look at the louvered grille on the mic, the openings are only on the bottom. What I do is hold the mic so the the channel buttons are facing me, and speak down across the mic. The pffffts and ssszzsss will disappear.

Look at the louvered grille on the mic, the openings are only on the bottom. What I do is hold the mic so the the channel buttons are facing me, and speak down across the mic. The pffffts and ssszzsss will disappear.
Cool tip . Like a telephone

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.