• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Randy fcc

That sounds awesome!! Oh no...here comes the swing mods, noise toys and linnneeerrrss!!!
No mods for this guy, it does its intended purpose well and for a family trip it's perfect. I've got other gear for other purposes haha.
Is that a Mini UHF Male connector? I prefer a BNC, but with me that's a minor issue .
Yes sir it isn't a bnc and it actually feels a little more solid than a bnc. Doesn't feel like it needs a lot of caution when in an accidental bind.

I read the book on all the functions and it's more information than a guy can retain at once. It's got some functionality for it's size so I'll keep the book handy to make the most use of the radio.

View attachment 43641

I see it has a 12V adapter?
Would like to know how it does in noisy electrical like automotive systems!
KEWL find!​
Andy, I first ran it strictly off it's own battery for several hours then ran it connected to the the lighter plug. No difference at all in my case. Nb/anl on, hi cut is very a noticeable pleasure to have and the automatic squelch works just as the president Richard I owned before. Compared to the modified 29 currently in the big rig, this receiver is a definite upgrade but also 2 different environments. The only gripe so far is the built in speaker but almost expected the size it is.

Weather alert is going to be a definite plus as when we head out tomorrow we're expecting to run across some severe weather.

So far so good for what it is.

Imagine that, a working Noise Blanker circuit fit inside a walkie talkie...

And you can fit the whole radio inside a dancing hula girl dashboard doll mount!!

Eyes are lit during PTT!

In fact, the protruding RF Gain and Squelch controls line up with amazing left-right symmetry once her form-fitting cover is slipped over.

It ain’t called Randy for nuthin, bro.

(The good news is that it has an external speaker jack. And, nope, does not plug in “like that”.)

Trying to read the display by laying her horizontal and parting the grass skirt while driving isn’t recommended. Set the channel pre-sets beforehand. Then it’s a one-finger job.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?