• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Randy fcc

Comes with a little rubber antenna that's probably just a little dummy load at best. There's a couple of videos on the eu version showing the mobile attachment that replaces the battery pack adding a lighter plug and so239 for external antenna. We'll soon find out.
My friend just took off on his Bicycle and maintained 6-7 s-units for a 1/4 mile. Past that he fell to 5# and after 2 long blocks he went fuzzy going under a fwy overpass. Then he dropped into oblivion lol. So a 1/4 mile solid good sounding signal, then fuzzy but readable 1/8th mile. I have no clue what it could have been if he didnt go under the Interstate which is like a tall hill at that point.

I have a Galaxy DX88HL & Serio 827 @ 54' tip

Reactions: Eldorado828
These radios are high quality and have great features. Turn the modulation up to 100% and connect to a 9 foot whip and it is just as big as any radio out there. Unfortunately the rubber duck antenna does not do it justice.

I have a fluorescent light over the kitchen sink and the ballast is going out. Usually I can flick the light switch just right and it will come on. But then that trick didn't work anymore. Then I remembered that my Randy generates RF...... So I put the antenna beside one of the bulbs and hit the key. Bingo! The light comes on. After having to do that a few times, the light turns on now without a jump start.

Then I showed this little trick to the kids, and they went around the house roger beeping all the lights. Haha!

:cool:

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated