• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"QRZ"....a den of ego and arrogance.....

Hey Hamer,

Agreed, all been there - done that. But it's not that there is a large membership with the accompanying many different opinions....it's the moderating. They don't treat everyone the same. One person breaks a rule and gets away with it while another (like you or me :angry:) may do the same thing and get punished. Glen at zed has become just like linx at cbrt. I just be hatin' the biased and unequal treatment.

Thanks!

interview.gif

HAHAHAHA That is one reason I was banned there, I said there was to much SELECTIVE MODERATION :headbang

I Agreed, all been there - done that. But it's not that there is a large membership with the accompanying many different opinions....it's the moderating. They don't treat everyone the same. One person breaks a rule and gets away with it while another may do the same thing and get punished.

If that place isn't the biggest bunch of self absorbed, arrogant assclowns, I don't know what is......:censored:

Beyond using that site for a few of their more useful items such as practice tests, I don't see much point in trolling that forum and getting aggravated by those pompus jerks.

I was called to task by one of those arrogant jerks because I dared to express an opposing opinion on radio contests, and I'm only a Tech.
In other words, this guy couldn't accept my opinion, or construct an intelligent argument to said opinion, he had to look up my call to see if I qualified on his terms to even express an opinion on the subject.

One good thing did come from the experiance......it confirmed my appreciation for this forum......
I joined there several years ago just to sell a SW radio, sold the radio but took a ton of heat about proof of it being a kit built rig or factory as it was a Heathkit and with all my research it showed to be a factory rig.

I did sell the radio at my price which was dirt cheap as I got it for free and just did not have room for it but those guys made 15 pages of bitches about it so I sold and as per my internet persona dictates I placed a beautiful Goatse in several sections of that renowned forum and was promptly banned<lol.

Went back several times to prove my point.:)

Some of the regular members there have a shit load of post counts. Most of them are hoping Prophet Fred will acknowledge them as one of his bitches and get the coveted moderator moniker.

I haven't been banned yet, but have had plenty of posts removed. I bet some of "Fweds" minions are monitoring this post as we speak.

Most members there are dorks and tools.

some folks seem to validate theirs (and others) worth as human beings based on how much they know about their hobby .

=) I was a member over there for a while untill I posted a question about how to hook a RF Limited TRB-3X Endless Echo board up in my Yaesu FT 897D , they started going off like pop-corn in a volcano.......It was just one simple question gezzzzz

Jeff

I thought about asking them for info on finding an expansion chip for a 2995DX.

The more incendiary questions we ask them old coots will indirectly open up more 1X2 calls. Poor old fools... Their hearts just can't take the excitement.

=) I was a member over there for a while untill I posted a question about how to hook a RF Limited TRB-3X Endless Echo board up in my Yaesu FT 897D , they started going off like pop-corn in a volcano.......It was just one simple question gezzzzz

Jeff

That made me laugh,i was at a friend of mine's qth one evening, we are both 11 meter guys from way back when at least two and 1/2 decades anyway.

We were hanging out at his shack one evening and he reaches over and connects up a sadelta echo mike to one of his ham rigs, looks at me and said " Let the pissin and moanin begin" turns the rig on and goes to 75 meters and asks for a radio check, then gives his call sign.

We drank a six pack listening to those ops complain about echo mics. So many ops are wound to tight they forgot that this hobby is supposed to be about fun, others think they know everything and talk down to the new ones.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.