• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

question?????????

C W Morse said:
I thought the frequencies were going to change as well. Oh, well, maybe not. Those "grapes" told me they would (heard it thru the grapevine) :p!

I think there will be sections of VHF spectrum that will be available for *something* in a few years so why not add some for CB and allow for mobile radios, etc?

CWM

During the changeover to digital equipment, many networks are being allocated UHF frequencies to introduce their programming and get set up. After we go completely digital (analog blackout), the old VHF freqs will have to be changed over to digital as well and the networks will transition back to their old frequencies.

Cw,

Wow ,you do like to talk ;) :roll: :roll: .

My friend,do you even realize how big Scneider Transport is??
United Van Lines is made up of company trucks,agents and owner /operators.....how many you ask??Which division of Fed-ex....not the boys I just interviewed with :LOL:

You bring facts to the table just like a certain CNN commentator does :? :oops: :oops:..The o'reilly (or should I say O'rover) hour :LOL: :LOL: .......*8 companies out of 50 states and territories....come on,do we truck drivers critique all of you antique Ford owners... :roll: :roll: or even better ,subject all of you antenna builders to the same "mediadrama" bestowed on "Big Trucker Radios"....

I have tried my damdest not to bring ALL HAMS into one light BUT you make it almost impossible... :p :p

Snoope looking at life thru FCC approved Rover colored glasses 8) 8) ................

But those eight are not the only ones! :shock: You can find all of them on the ARRL archives or FCC enforcement log. *I* didn't make these up, they are real and they range from Michigan to Georgia, SC to California. Here's happened with UPS. When they got the letter, they immediately issued a memo to all drivers saying that any "export" radios, amplifiers, or any uncertified equipment must removed from their trucks ! According to their union contract, drivers were allowed to have a legal, 40 channel, FCC -approved CB radio. Any driver caught with illegal equipmentwas to be dismissed from UPS :shock: The letter to FedEx and UPS went to their company headquarters. Tidewater Transit FIRED the driver that got caught down in South Carolina. There was even a thread on another forum about how a UPS driver got caught and how "unfair" it was, etc, etc. But the law is the law! Unlicensed persons have no business on 10 Meters. Period. :(

At any rate, those eight I quoted are a drop in the bucket to the actual number of drivers who got caught and warned over it.

Wait until they start looking for those "export" radios at weight scales! ;)

BTW, if you doubt the authenticity of these letters, just call Riley Hollingsworth at 717-338-2502. He is in charge of Amateur Enforcement!

CWM

I'm a waiting at those "big ole scales".........and at the portables they bring out EVERY Thursday just "down" the road from the "Sand Bucket" trail :LOL: 8) ;) ......Why can't you enjoy your radio hobby and leave "Truckers" alone...

Have you ever been thru a CVSA inspection (driver included ;) :D )...The fine DOT cops (just doing their jobs,keeping junk off the road) go thru our rigs from the front plate to the rearpush plates...then go to the paperwork,3 registrations..(local ,overweight and IRP)..DOT #'s placed properly.then to the driver (proper CDL,Dot physical card ;) ) and daily sheet or "LOG BOOKS" :roll: :shock:

Once again we use the "XXXTreeee "channels when noise interrupts our normal AM..Have you ever tried to talk over "The Local Spanish" channel.....now theres some POWA...only AM channel not affected by those "Folks" is the "BOWLERS" on #6 :p :p ..

Anyhow ,this again has been FUN :eek: :D :D ;)

Cw,you and yours enjoy your holidays,I know me and mine will (oops a "Yank" speaking slang)..

Bobby and the "REST" of this "Motley" crew........Snoope and Family wish everyone a "Merry X-Mas and a "Happy New Year"

Snoope hiding out in the snow..ho-ho-ho

Ive gotta agree....I have NEVER heard of a diesel bear looking for an expoet and Im sure I never will. They have enough to do already. If they do go looking for one in my rig Im covered by that little "ticket" the FCC granted me. Its not illegal to to a Mars/Cap mod is it??

snoope said:
I'm a waiting at those "big ole scales".........and at the portables they bring out EVERY Thursday just "down" the road from the "Sand Bucket" trail :LOL: 8) ;) ......Why can't you enjoy your radio hobby and leave "Truckers" alone...

I try to enjoy my hobby until I hear, "I know you right,Drivah, them 4-wheelers are sure crazy, tan-fer?" SQUEEEEEEEEK! Right up on 10 Meters where the er, uh, "gentlemen" have no business". :(

Once again we use the "XXXTreeee "channels when noise interrupts our normal AM..Have you ever tried to talk over "The Local Spanish" channel.....now theres some POWA...only AM channel not affected by those "Folks" is the "BOWLERS" on #6 :p :p ..

Doesn't matter. Get caught talking on "those 'extree' channels", and no amount of hype will get you out of it. All that has to happen is for an observer to see or hear you doing it, and you will get a notice from the Feds. :)It is basically how every one of the drivers cited on ARRL web were caught! Sorry, but the legitimate and LAWFUL users don't CARE about the problems of those who flaunt legal authority. If I parked an Airstream right smack in your yard, you'd demand I move it, fight me over it, or call the law. Well, the legal users of 10 Meters are doing what has to be done to protect what is THEIRS by virtue of doing what is required by law to use those frequencies. They are observing trucks operating out of band, reporting those who DO yap on those "extree" channels without authority, and also lobby for protection by the law. (They had something to do with the proposed weight scales thing). It will take time, but I believe the issue will come out in the rightful users' favor!

Happy Holidays!

CWM

CW, besides CBrs do you poke fun at:

A. Senior Citizens,

B. Blue Collar Workers,

C. Gays,

D. Lawyers,

E. White Trash People,

F. Hispanics,

G. Computer Geeks,

H. High School Dropouts,

J. Sales Professionals,

K. Farmers,

L. Gas Station Attendants,

M. Fat People,

N. Bald People,

O. People who Stutter,

P. Construction Workers,

Q. Housewives,

R. People with big noses,

S. College Professors,

T. Teenagers,

U. Punk Rockers,

V. Hippies,

W. Cat Lovers,

X. Handicapped,

Y. Alcoholics,

Z. Tweekers,

AA. Ugly people,

BB. Short People,

CC. People with HIV,

DD. Television addicts,

EE. Off Roaders,

GG. Football fans,

HH. Divorced People,

II. People who cannot have children,

JJ. People who never went to college,

KK. People who cheat on their taxes,

LL. Adulterers,

MM. Jesus Freaks,

NN. Mormons,

CW: Which one of these groups do you belong to?

I'm sorry to be taking off my FCC approved "Rover colored" glasses.. 8) ;) ....But with M.S.H.A. and O.S.H.A..gearing up on the "industry " I work in ,(your FCC "boys" would "cringe" at the site of these guys :evil: :twisted:) plus the DOT... :roll: :p ....guess what....my radio "habits" won't be changing anytime soon....Whether I'm in the "pit" directing trucks and equipment or in the middle of a snow storm :shock: :roll: :roll: ;) ..When I need to be heard,I WILL BE :arrow: :arrow: Freeband channel or AM.......

Y'ALL HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS........HERE........

The 'Lil White Dog From New England said that.........

Snoope back hiding in the snow...........HO.HO.HO

This copy is for the sole use of the "Mole House" and can not be copied or sent to a Mr.H without the written approval of the 'Lil White Dog :!: ;)

not planes. cars and I think boats only, maybe tanks or other land devices.

please keep planes and helos on 72 MHz...

You guys are wasting your time!CW will never change his way of thinking no matter what....but let me ask you this CW.
If someone you knew and loved had a very bad wreck out in the middle of no where a hundred miles from town and with no working cell phone would you rather i have.....
A.a stone stock 4 watt radio.(on a good night maybe 10 mile range)
B.a high powered 50 watt radio with all of them extra channels in it(50 miles or better on a good night)
C.Or to leave them bleeding and dying on the side of the road while i had to go find help that when i do may be to late in coming.BUT.. if had had one of those "big radios" i may have gotten someone who could call the cops and i could have stayed with them and maybe saved a life.

Makes you think.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.