• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

question?????????

If you choose to shoot somone with a gun that you own then thats illegal.
If you choose to own a gun but have no permet but do nothing but take it out for a little sport shooting then thats illegal.
If you have a big radio that you use to piss off hams then thats illegal.
If you have a big radio and a ham never hears any problems from you then thats illegal.
Point is unless i cause you some kind or problem wether its a gun or radio then what does it matter to you if i have a 50 watt radio or a 38 special if i never bother you or only use it to target shoot?TRUCKERS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM HERE!Its those ten thousand watt base/moblie radios that you guys should raise hell to the fcc about,but you know i have not seen any posts about that.What the hell you people have agianst truckers i have no idea.Drivers use those big radios to help one another out.To tell others about a wreck or bear.To tell someone about weather conditions or to just piss each other off on those long boring rides.WE DONT USE THEM to go chasing hams on those other channels just for the hell of it!Because unlike some people we have better things to do with our time.

CW,

Which 40 channels?? 40 over,40 under or the 40 on each band,..you sure can be confusing at times :roll: :roll: :roll: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ........

And just to let you know,one of our drivers went thru a D.O.T. class 2 inspection today with flying colors,(was even under weight by 500 lbs :p :shock: )...including the "Big BLUE" radio up on his dash (S-9,I think ;) :p )...it became a center piece for discussion,the 2 officers even asked him if we use the "other" channels.....Because they do to ;) ,nice to know where they can find "Help" when needed...

Y'all have a nice evening ,,,,,,,Ya' here!!!

Snoope back hiding in the snow

C W Morse said:
Good! Then STAY on those 40 channels. :p

CWM

Stay on the 40 channels that are ALLOTED to CB!! :roll: There
ARE no "extree channels" for CB. Period. :evil: You have no right, reason, or need to be yapping on the Morse portion of 28 MHZ or anywhere ELSE for that matter.

And being some sort of doughnut-gulping "officer" won't help when he gets caught for yappin' on "them channels". It *could*cost his job when he is called in to explain his actions. :shock:

CWM

I was going to comment on this. But this horse has been beaten, killed, buried, dug up, and beaten again. Repeatedly.

But what the heck! Here's my $.02 with a little humor thrown in...

I think, while wrong, a couple of truckers wandering onto 28.085 occasionally is NOT the biggest problem facing amateur radio.

What is, is the cesspool down on 75 meter phone. Worse language than I've heard on CB for years. Bunch of drunk hicks cursing and ranting for hours. Usually this is limited to those members of 4 and 5 land. You lost, get over it.

Stupid nets on every @#$%^&* frequency in the 40 and 20 meter bands. You got the "Retirees of the Golden Gate Bridge project" net, the "Amateur Horticulturists" net. The freaking "I went water skiing when I was 12" net, yada, yada, yada. For Christ sakes find a chatroom.

Contests every freaking weekend, sponsored by everyone and everything in the ham radio world. I think this weekend it's the "Hellschreiber 500" sponsored by Geritol...

Hi-Fi SSB'ers sucking up close to 10 KHz of bandwidth when they should be using no more than 3 KHz. Sure they sound great, halfway down the band. Wanna have a broadcast quality sound? Get a job at a radio station. Don't clutter up the precious few KHz we have with your "I have a small penis, so I am compensating but widening my audio" modulation.

Voice keying stations transmitting "CQ Contest" every 15 seconds. If you're too lazy to key the mic and speak, get another hobby! Or worse yet, the moron ops who leave these things engaged and walk up stairs to have a glass of Metamucil, while a dozen stations are calling them with no response.

CW ops on SSB phone calling freqs. Sure it's legal, but damn. You got subbands for CW ONLY! Stay the hell down there and let us phone ops get an edge in wordwise.

QSOs on SSB calling freqs. People who chat on internationally recognized calling freqs should be beaten with a piece of heavy mining equipment.

Butt-munch old farts who think they OWN a particular frequency. I had this problem just the other night on 40 phone. Some cheese-dick thought since he called CQ on the frequency 30 minutes prior that he was now the de-facto controlled of said frequency. Get a life OM. Just because your wife wears the pants in your house, doesn't mean you have to show off how "large and in charge" you are on the radio.

These are problems far bigger than a few truckers.

Oh my ! :shock: LOL !!! :LOL:

Very lively description there Steve ! I have to agree with a lot of it. It seems strange that Hams show so much outrage at the intruder then don't want to acknowledge or tackle their own downfallings. There's enough going on in their own house and enough on their plate to take care of. A lot of double standard when it comes to who gets attacked for not obeying the rules.

Yeah, I know. CW has been around the CB forums for over half a decade. He's got a strong opinion, no sense arguing with him.

CW,
Now you go on to insult someone sworn to protect you??

Man you need to loosen those suspenders ;) :roll: :roll: ...You keep taking all of this "Freebanding" to heart :shock: :shock: and your going to "Kibby" on us......Then who will I have fun posting with........Your opinion is well taken and respected by me....UNTIL you rant on "Truckers"...
Yes there are problems on the "WAVES".BUT it is across all of them,not just your "Special allocation"...

We run 14 trucks and only half the fleet has "Big Radios" so there is no way 7 radios talking "up a click" part time bothers the FEDS or "Local Hams"...
Sometimes to "win a war" you need to 1st figure out which battles are worth fighting ;) 8) :D ....

Everyone go out and enjoy the weekend......it has officially started :LOL: :eek: :eek: :eek: ............

Snoope back hiding in the snow.......

Then there is only one pig here and that is CW.Same old kind of post day in and day out.Saying the same things over and over.Coming up with anything he can find to bash us poor ole cber/truckers.Doing whatever he can to try and get his point across.Now who likes rolling in the mud?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated