• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI-2950CD owners chime in.. new owner here

I heard 3dx guys pretty well over the 'din' this morning. FL,FL, and NC..

I'll wait on the $200 fancy speaker..

We’ll not make this about right/wrong or budgetary concerns, please. Think of that which is MISSING from Export equipment.

See descriptions on eHam the difference DSP filtering makes, in equipment reviews.

Several threads here.

It’s the wrong approach, IMO, to simply call it, “an expensive speaker”, as if whatever you’re currently using and these can be categorized similarly.

They can’t.

1). This thread, your very first sentence asks, what can I expect?

2). The first usage report, pretty well very first sentence is about “white noise” (for which those are known).

Missing from Export equipment is DSP Filtration. Covers both.

(No need to reply; please find this post a general statement only).

Last edited:
We’ll not make this about right/wrong or budgetary concerns, please. Think of that which is MISSING from Export equipment.

See descriptions on eHam the difference DSP filtering makes, in equipment reviews.

Several threads here.

It’s the wrong approach, IMO, to simply call it, “an expensive speaker”, as if whatever you’re currently using and these can be categorized similarly.

They can’t.

2). The first usage report, pretty well very first sentence is about “white noise” (for which those are known).

Which model are you always preaching?

Several threads here.

They can’t.

I saw BHI makes a small dsp module( BHI NEDSP1061-KBD) that goes in radio. 4 wire install. Positive/audio in/audio out/0 volt.

Like $150 with 8 filter levels and simple push button.. maybe a tech can do that for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover
Anyone know if these radios still have that AF hiss thing going on that the old 2950s had? Like for example, even with no signal, you'd hear a serious hiss in the speaker... its the type of thing an audio filter could probably chop out, though.

I saw BHI makes a small dsp module( BHI NEDSP1061-KBD) that goes in radio. 4 wire install. Positive/audio in/audio out/0 volt.

Like $150 with 8 filter levels and simple push button.. maybe a tech can do that for me.

My new 2950CD has slight 'hiss' per session, but it has not impeded my last conversation to a guy 1200 miles away..

I did look into the BHI filter, still debating on getting it though..

Well at 8 on RF power knob I get a good 1 1/2w dk on AM. Seems to put my TS350 meter on a 6. for sideband I turn to 12/noon I get a good 20w with a 1kHZ tone thru the mic and a good 6-7 on the TS350 meter and over 225w on my MFJ941e tuner in bypass mode to my A99.

My swr was flat at 26.915, was 1.1 on channel 20, and at 27.385 was 1.2 with the TS350 on.. (y)

Ordered a pre-wired Workman DM-452 power mic for it.. don't really want to mess with internals of radio for a little more modulation..

Anyone else run this mic??

Seemingly 20+ years ago I had one of those mics around, they always seemed to work OK, and maintain reliability despite the clunky feeling, although I always wanted to take one and rewire it to knock the echo slider out and turn it into a volume/gain control instead.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.