• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI-2950CD owners chime in.. new owner here

After all the crap luck and only local contacts from within 60 miles I would say better than I was for sure..

Seems like this radio hears better than my last 3 radios as well.

I'm sure your new radio is doing great and it will serve you well. That said Mother Nature has 100% control of skip conditions. When she closes that door no new radio will make that 1200 mile contact.

Reactions: NZ8N and w9cll
Find yourself an old Astatic 1104c and have at it, you will be vey happy

Those mics are killer, problem is whenever they show up on fleabay someone wants a kidney for the damned thing..... the slide pots on them suck, but it probably wouldn't be that hard to put in a couple real potentiometers in the thing given a little bit of work.

Apparently my modulation is better using a cheap SuperStar 4 pin mic than the factory mic per the 3 reports I just got..

Anyone know the impedance of the newer factory RCI 2950 mic with side buttons??

I also noticed my mic gain is at say 1 o'clock with superstar mic vs say 4 o'clock with factory mic, and giving me the same swing on SSB..

So I can run with mic gain down abit as well which can't hurt..

Now I am really on fence about getting a power mic or just a SS mic for this (borrowed from my C29 in truck for testing)

Well several local contacts 30-60 miles out without issue. One guy is 60 miles out and I hit hit plain without TS350 running.. loving this radio so far.

Going to stick with the Superstar cheap mic for now as all audio reports are saying good.. best $11 I could spend..

May get the DM-452 down the line..

Also got rid of some of my RF by turning off an electric heater in the next room.. mainly kills AM so I'm sticking with SSB mostly.

IMG_20190213_184324411_LL~2.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated