• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

I could hear both of you in that conversation, but neither of you were picking me up. I also heard you about half an hour earlier. You are making the trip to Miami, FLA.
How was the audio on my back-up rig? It's hard to set up right when ya cant hear yourself.

How was the audio on my back-up rig? It's hard to set up right when ya cant hear yourself.
Your settings are on the mark. I recognized you the second your started hailing, so you sound like yourself. There's no distortion. Good audio quality.
Made contact with 404 earlier while the band was just heating up with AMers.
Confirmed. Got it down for 1:11P.M. eastern time. By about 3:00P.M. the skip almost completely shut down, so our timing was good.

As you and others have noted, the biggest problems were (1) lots of AMers today and (2) splatter from AM 15 and AM 17. Nevertheless, contacts were made.

Made my first and only contact on 16LSB today with 572 Arizona mobile to mobile! There is a group of locals near me on 16 AM that operate pretty often and I don't operate sideband when they're talking. Sometimes I go to AM and join them, nice group...

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
YOUR OPINIONS TO IMPROVE OUR LSB 16 NET:

It has taken a few years, but we've been running this LSB 16 net regularly now for a few months. We've gone from monthly, to every 2 weeks to now being weekly. We operate two days a week - Saturday and Sunday - as opposed to at a given day and time each week. A few of you have commented on interference from either AM 16 traffic or bleed-over from AM 15 or AM 17. Two questions:

(1) Do you like the weekly week-end schedule or would you prefer something else?

(2) Considering the bleed-over from AM 6, AM 15 and AM 17; the traffic and potential bleed-over from AM 19; and our wanting to include the folks with 23 channel rigs: do we need to consider a back-up frequency to QSY to? LSB 23 (27.255) offers a fair amount of separation from the active channels, but I can see the potential for AM 28 bleed-over being a problem. Maybe LSB 22? Suggestions?

Last edited:

It has taken a few years, but we've been running this LSB 16 net regularly now for a few months. We've gone from monthly, to every 2 weeks to now being weekly. We operate two days a week - Saturday and Sunday - as opposed to at a given day and time each week. Finally, a few of you have commented on interference from either AM 16 traffic or bleed-over from AM 15 or AM 17. Two questions:

(1) Do you like the weekly week-end schedule or would you prefer something else?

(2) Considering the bleed-over from AM 6, AM 15 and AM 17; the traffic and potential bleed-over from AM 19; and our wanting to include the folks with 23 channel rigs: do we need to consider a back-up frequency to QSY to? LSB 23 (27.255) offers a fair amount of separation from the active channels, but I can see the potential for AM 28 bleed-over being a problem. Maybe LSB 22? Suggestions?
I personally like the weekend schedule as we have right now , and I think it would be good to have a backup channel either 22 or 23 LSB just in case , either one works for me!!!! Really enjoy and look forward every weekend to firing up the Ranger and making new contacts and being able to talk with my Radio Friends!!!

73's
Steve
WDX -1863

Last edited:

It has taken a few years, but we've been running this LSB 16 net regularly now for a few months. We've gone from monthly, to every 2 weeks to now being weekly. We operate two days a week - Saturday and Sunday - as opposed to at a given day and time each week. A few of you have commented on interference from either AM 16 traffic or bleed-over from AM 15 or AM 17. Two questions:

I think you're on to something here. Experimenting with other other channels can only benefit the efforts, whether it works out or not. For me, LSB 16 always seems to be a hot mess on most days, so if there's another channel below 23 that works better, it would definitely help. Anyway.. just my 2 dollars. = (inflation)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated