• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Remote Testing

They just started about a month ago. Apparently the test admin (VE group) use remote computers to control your computer and from what I can tell they also access to ur webcam to view you as well during testing. They load up the test and sit and watch you for cheating. Or something.

HamStudy has the options under testing sites or something.

Seriously though, even if someone is trying to cheat, they must really want to become a ham :) It's not like a mandatory high school test, it's voluntary so only people who want to jump through the hoops are taking the test. I would guess out of 1000's of people that will do the online testing very few would ever try to cheat.

Anything that makes testing more accessible to more people is a good idea in my book.

Reactions: 2NC995 and Mudfoot
It's the same way the testing is done with online Universities.

More stringent than for most college courses, I think.

TWO connected cameras at 90 degrees from one another. Online classes can be a pain, but I have never seen anything like that for college...and have done a few classes (make sure the house is quiet).

The situation is funny when viewed in perspective...degree producing courses have lower requirements than the radio hobby...lmao.

I think mudfoot’s optimistic comment about bringing more into the ranks is rather spot on...but probably won’t happen because some won’t adapt to new technology and/or don’t seem to want new people.

That appears to be the situation with the local club. They have a website that looks like it crawled out of 1992-free-aol-CD era... and no one willing to respond to email.

I don’t care about senior-citizen breakfast at the local greasy spoon...just want to know where to take a test for a federal license...nothing but crickets.

Last edited:
Okay. I'll out myself a bit here. How do I give a license exam not only with out any discrepancy or possibility of cheating but with out any doubt whatsoever of the suspicion of cheating?

In short it isn't enough that I conduct an exam session, I have to maintain the integrity of the exam session beyond any question.

Now how do I accomplish that with out someone beyond reproach, volunteer examiner or other, physically present with the person taking the test. ?

Most of you know or suspect my history and might very well question my motives, my incentive, my very reason for conducting an amateur license exam. Go ahead and question my motive but not the integrity of the exam. There I will not compromise.

Find a way that the exam will not under any circumstances be questioned and I'll not only agree but I will conduct the exam.

As it stands , No, I will not conduct an exam with purely online supervision.

Reactions: Rwb and BJ radionut

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated