• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Requirements for DX

Any of the Kenwood, Icom or Yaesu HF amateur radios will wipe the floor with CB and exports. Completely different league.
Agreed! There are some really good exports out there but that’s really good compared to regular cb's. A 30 year old Kenwood 520s will out perform any modern export and cost less too.

Hopped on the CB this evening and made a QSO with 291 Upstate New York!
That is my first DX contact where a station and I actually exchanged numbers.

Wow, how awesome. Right from my driveway. Finally.

Reactions: 1 person
He didn't mention me being off, we just exchanged numbers.

He came through really clear so I called his numbers. Next thing I know he is calling me back.

Instead of just incessantly calling cq I'm gonna try calling out numbers more often, that worked out.

He didn't mention me being off, we just exchanged numbers.

He came through really clear so I called his numbers. Next thing I know he is calling me back.

Instead of just incessantly calling cq I'm gonna try calling out numbers more often, that worked out.

Way to go man! I sure can identify with that feeling. Almost all of my contacts have come with a direct address to them. CQ'ing rarely works for me. I think you're on the right track!

Cheers and beers!

Anyone hear the guy from Ireland in there yesterday on 38lsb ? He was hilarious he was sitting in the rocking chair drinking a Guinness an viewing the emerald isle . There was about 5 of us all over the US having a QSO with him . He was on around 5.00 pm .

Sent from my NB09 using Tapatalk

Haaa ! Not Good the Weather Channel sending Jim Cantore to Killington Vt. , if I do my math right that's not far from Hobie evey time they send that guy any place it's were they are going to get hammered !,Good luck Hobie , stay safe an get gas for your generator . Ohhh don't think you will be getting that beam up in the next few days . lol New thread coming up where did Hobie 102 go?

Haaa ! Not Good the Weather Channel sending Jim Cantore to Killington Vt. , if I do my math right that's not far from Hobie evey time they send that guy any place it's were they are going to get hammered !,Good luck Hobie , stay safe an get gas for your generator . Ohhh don't think you will be getting that beam up in the next few days . lol New thread coming up where did Hobie 102 go?

Moxon's on hold. Have to build it inside and will be moving the furniture in the Living room to do it. Wife is gonna love me! I love tormenting that broad!

Bored to death here and so sick of winter. Sure is pretty and so peaceful. Quiet. No sound with snow coming down but could def' live without it at this point. You maniacs in FL have it made! Good luck to Jim Cantore! hahahaha. He's gonna get rocked up top!

Anyone hear the guy from Ireland in there yesterday on 38lsb ? He was hilarious he was sitting in the rocking chair drinking a Guinness an viewing the emerald isle . There was about 5 of us all over the US having a QSO with him . He was on around 5.00 pm .

"The old man in the rocking chair". Yea! I was listening to him. He was rippin' in here like gangbusters. Sounded like a character. Reminded me of 357! Bwahahaha

I made it to Frankfurt, Germany and tried to get 019 Germany but too much noise. I don't have a log so can't remember the number of the Irishman I contacted last week.

I was listening to him on my drive back to work after lunch. pretty cool.

Strange stuff I was talking to him yet you couldn't hear me . Propagation is weird , go figure if there was ever a time we could have talked that would have been it 3 of us on the same frequencies @ the same time !!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.