• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Requirements for DX

After looking at some amps, I think i'm going to go with the Midnight Special 250. From what I've read, it will pair perfectly with my radio and it's right in my price range. I also don't have a ton of space to work with, at least in the areas that make accessing the amp convenient. Do you all think it will help get me out of the mud and make shooting skip a little easier? I really don't think my antenna system is the problem. Today I was keying up on 19 asking for radio checks, and people were talking over eachother in response. I heard a local I knew was on the other side of town.
I know I shouldn't expect miracles with that small of an amp, but what can I reasonably expect from it?

Last edited:
You might want to look at the TNT line. I think the MS amps are class c bais and the TNTs are class b. You may have a dirtier signal on ssb with the MS. On am the amp would be great.

If you can't handle comments or opinions from fellow forum members, maybe you shouldn't post at all. Don't be so tender.

Sorry but I all I did was give my opinion. Don't think you need to defend anyone. Trust me I will not get but hurt if you bounce me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.