• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RigExpert AA-35 Zoom

Riverman

Nov 12, 2013
Have had this a while now. Here's a review.
Bottom line: it works great. Current price: $218.95 at HRO.
IMG_1041.jpg
Comes with USB cable, batteries, and carrying case.
IMG_1038.jpg
IMG_1039.jpg
In action on my 10 meter vertical:
IMG_1026.jpg
IMG_1037.jpg
IMG_1030.jpg
IMG_1032.jpg

That's it. Good analyzer.

A friend of mine bought one, and let me use it. It does work good.

My friend was having a random problem with his radio setup. Tracked it down to a bad connector. The meter made it easy to see the SWR fluctuating up and down doing a jiggle test on the coax and connectors. Meter would show SWR at 1.2, and then randomly jump to 10. Ten SWR is not good!

Just wish it had a setting for 11 meter. Have to manually input the frequency.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riverman
be careful when using the AA-35 Zoom (and possibly other Rig expert analysers) on a non grounded antenna system like an open dipole. Always short out the antenna lead to ground before fixing to the Analyzer as built up static can and has wiped out the little resistors on the input of the analyzer rendering it useless till they are replaced.
Seen it happen.

I'd love to have an analyzer but, I'm not sure I could ever figure out how to use it. I have a lot of antennas and It would be quite a learning curve figuring all of them out. And, quite a bit of fun I imagine. But, they seem fairly complicated to an old Southern Missouri country boy...

I'd love to have an analyzer but, I'm not sure I could ever figure out how to use it. I have a lot of antennas and It would be quite a learning curve figuring all of them out. And, quite a bit of fun I imagine. But, they seem fairly complicated to an old Southern Missouri country boy...
The RigExperts are not at all difficult to learn and use. Bought an AA-55 ZOOM a few months back and after a few hours of playing was able to tune my antenna better than ever before. Better than sliced bread. You won't be sorry for buying. Good used units pop up now and then on QRZ for reasonable prices.

Thanks to Night Thumper for nagging me into buying it.

The RigExperts are not at all difficult to learn and use. Bought an AA-55 ZOOM a few months back and after a few hours of playing was able to tune my antenna better than ever before. Better than sliced bread. You won't be sorry for buying. Good used units pop up now and then on QRZ for reasonable prices.

Thanks for the info. I'll be checkin' them ever now and then.

Reactions: Crawdad

I've been lookin online at the AA-35. It's a bit cheaper but, I doubt it will read everything the 55 does. Probably be fine for me though.

Reactions: Crawdad
I've been lookin online at the AA-35. It's a bit cheaper but, I doubt it will read everything the 55 does. Probably be fine for me though.
I believe the AA-35Zoom does everything the 55Zoom does just at a lower max frequency. I bought a 55 to have the ability to do 6m antennas. If you don't intend to do VHF then a 35 should do you fine.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated