• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RIP my old project...

HomerBB

Jan 4, 2009
Rogers, Ar
12 years ago I built the tip over mast discussed in the link below. It never failed me, and saw many fun hours of homebrew antennas mounted or attached to it. However, a couple weeks ago my wife and I stood in the backyard and she once again quietly said, "That pole is an ugly and I wish it wasn't there." I said, "Okay".
I took it down and hauled away its remains to the landfill.
Rest In Peace, old friend.

Screenshot_20230507_092914_Photobucket-01.jpeg

Later, I would add a platform at the top to stand on for tuning verticals so as not to lay it over for quick touches.

Last edited:

Can't see the photo's Homer, can you re-post them?

XYL's always win, don't they?:rolleyes:

Reactions: HomerBB
A few years ago, I set up a rig at my wife's resort about 60 km away on the other side of a mountain. There was no cel service there, so it let her communicate with me me when she needed something from town. Eventually installed a rig at our other biz in town. A lot of people saw it and wanted to join in. I had a few old mobiles, so I gave them to friends and helped them get on the air. Several forum members contributed their old radios to help out.
Long story short . . . there are over 20 stations on the air in our area now. Several mobiles too.
My wife, Luz, never said much about my CBin' until she got one. Now she's hooked and so are a lot of her friends. These women cackle like a bunch of hens on chan18 every night. The hombres talk on chan23. Except for me, no one has an amp so things are pretty much under control.

BTW , if any of you guys have any old el-cheapo 23 channel base radios (working or not) that you want to give away, please let me know. PM me. Thanks 73s.

My wife doesn't complain to much as long as i camouflage my antennas somewhat. I found black paint seems to do well blending my pushup poll with the background i have. Still have a 40ft tower stack out back, we keep having a difference of opinion where it should stand. Someone in town has a tilt over mast made from pipe with an old super scanner antenna on it, looks to be 60 ft tall and well built now that has me thinking :unsure:

BTW , if any of you guys have any old el-cheapo 23 channel base radios (working or not) that you want to give away, please let me know. PM me. Thanks 73s.
Hmm. Don't know about customs and shipping cost, but a few 23-channel radios are about to find new homes and exit my basement. Odds are that most of them had one fault or another before they were stored as "save it for parts" radios. Decades later, we just don't repair 23-channel radios any more, so the parts units have no more reason to take up the space.

I'll see what kind of list I can work up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.