• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rm BLA1000

ABOUT TIME!!! I been waiting for this damn thing to surface. I had emailed them 2 times about this unit and when to expect it to hit the market. Now I cant wait to see the price tag :confused:

with its cpu its easy to block 27mhz,
some of their cb amps use a chip so they won't work on 27mhz without modification others use two keying circuits, one with 27mhz filtered and one without,

i have not had a look at the bla1000 yet, the prototype looked a step up from their other hf amps which are cb amps with filters.

Interesting. RM finally put out an amp whose RF output devices actually will produce what the claimed output states and remain within spec. Each MRF-157 is good for 600 watts over the operational range of the amp so claims of 1 Kw are actually truthful.

mack,
it depends what country they are destined for, ours work on 27mhz and often don't have the parts that prevent operation there.

tony, no idea what they will cost, i only saw it today on rm website site, whatever they cost i will wager they cost less in the usa than here.

I just called the main USA RM Italy distributor here in the USA and they told me they dont have them as of yet because RM Italy hasnt finished them yet so I told them I finally seen the info and pics on the RM Italy website instead of listed as a project so I wasnt sure if there done designing or not.

Im deffinately going to give one a try and Im sure their going to be about $1,300 - $1,500 because the tube 1000 and 1000P are $899.00 so this price will be above and beyond Im sure.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the price was a thousand dollars more around $2,300 to $2,500. The MRF157 transistors alone list for $1,000 a pair. There are a lot more parts in this amp then a tube amp. It also looks like a complete break away from standard RM CB design. Good FET's, nice power supply, and full protection. The inside looks well made and I expect the price will reflect that. It should be good competition for the other more pricey amps like the PW-1. The reviews should be interesting to read once they start coming around.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the price was a thousand dollars more around $2,300 to $2,500. The MRF157 transistors alone list for $1,000 a pair. There are a lot more parts in this amp then a tube amp. It also looks like a complete break away from standard RM CB design. Good FET's, nice power supply, and full protection. The inside looks well made and I expect the price will reflect that. It should be good competition for the other more pricey amps like the PW-1. The reviews should be interesting to read once they start coming around.

I was thinking the same thing. this is the first amp from RM that actually states power out that is in line with what the RF components are able to achieve and do so cleanly and within limits. That in itself is a COMPLETE break away from their past. :D

Just looking at the amp and the way its built I was thinking the $2000 range at first but if you look back they always started the new amps at a decent introductry price and from there went up up and away.

I betting on an ok start price but withing a few months its going to sky rocket as the rest did. I remember when the 1000 came out and was around $600.00 and its now $300.00 up and beyond that now.

I also will watch the review and then dive into one I told my wife I like my HF tube ampliers but my Ameritron ALS-600 solidstate is a breeze to work with and if this BLA-1000 has the protection curcuitry as the ALS-600 or even close its going to be all the more better than I would expect.

Once I see the reviews and actual outputs if its atleast lgal limit on SSB I told my wife Im going to try one out it really does seem to be a huge step for RM Italy in the design of this amplifier.

What do you think this thing will do SSB??? Im thinking atleast legal limit??

Just looking at the amp and the way its built I was thinking the $2000 range at first but if you look back they always started the new amps at a decent introductry price and from there went up up and away.

I betting on an ok start price but withing a few months its going to sky rocket as the rest did. I remember when the 1000 came out and was around $600.00 and its now $300.00 up and beyond that now.

I also will watch the review and then dive into one I told my wife I like my HF tube ampliers but my Ameritron ALS-600 solidstate is a breeze to work with and if this BLA-1000 has the protection curcuitry as the ALS-600 or even close its going to be all the more better than I would expect.

Once I see the reviews and actual outputs if its atleast lgal limit on SSB I told my wife Im going to try one out it really does seem to be a huge step for RM Italy in the design of this amplifier.

What do you think this thing will do SSB??? Im thinking atleast legal limit??

Forgive me for wording it this way but, stop thinking like a CB'er for a moment. The amp is speced by the manufacturer as putting out 1000 watts. The RF devices it uses are capable of putting out 600 watts maximum each so that means a total output of 1200 watts max before things start going to hell. Why would you figure it would do "at least legal limit" which is 1500 watts? There is simply not the headroom to support that power level. Lots of tube type amps are advertised as "legal limit" but do in fact produce more than that but that is because they have the headroom in both power supply and plate dissipation. Solid state amps are rarely if ever produced with any headroom beyond advertised output levels.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.