• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

bad blew final drivers audio chip power regulator the radio was only good for parts. he used to let you watch your repair on camera just a big puff of smoke. he took out my 4 amp fuse put in a 20 amp fuse burnt all the traces on the board. that was my pride and joy radio. so you see why i have nothing good to say about timmy boy

I am sorry to hear that happened to a nice radio.

So lesson learned.. when you blow a small fuse, don't wrap it with foil or put a really large one in it's place.

Sounded like the fuse was doing it's job.

This thread has went way too far. I do not BELIEVE for a minute that anyone that KNEW even a sliver of radio repair would put a 20A fuse in a radio.

That makes it so I don't have to hope I have the right size fuse, and fuses are way overpriced anyway. Buy a circuit breaker for around $5, if I remember correctly, and do this. I have a 2A, 3A, and 5A one, and if something happens, the breaker trips instead of blowing a fuse.

Also, if you have a fuse inside an open fuse holder, you can take a burnt out fuse and solder one of those circuit breakers across them and put them in their holder. I haven't yet figured out a plug and play way to replace the fuses that insert into a closed holder with a circuit breaker.

Reactions: Riverman
Digi-Key has those.
I have many programmable supplies so I limit current that way.

The circuit breakers do the job too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.