• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

I have several export radios and one is the president Lincoln 2 . All of them work very well for me. Because I buy from a shop that has been in business over 40 years... They may be junk to some but they are not to me.

I think Mike is not a fan of "black box" export radios because of some of the quality and performance issues with several of the brands. I also own several export radios which also (so far) work very well for me. Just because Mike doesn't agree with your opinion about export radios that is no reason to call him a "radio clown".

I bought a lincoln 2 as well and I like it. Nice power in a small footprint with tons of features. I run a 2018 extreme Mic on mine and get many guys wanting to know what radio I am running because it sounds so good. More compliments on sideband then on am. The one thing I do not like is the adjacent channel rejection. I will not say where I bought it, but I may have my normal cb guy look at for me and see if he can clean up the receive a bit.
I still pick my Magnum S45 and my old Uniden Grant over the Lincoln 2 though.
20180118_142200.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: undertaker
The impression I get from some of Mikes videos is that he's a fan of radios from the CB glory days, he seems to compare everything new to his favorites from back in the day.

I think there's a problem in the radio community more so than with any particular tech, it seems like everyone is looking for that one supertech who can do every job on every radio better than every other tech. I hate to be the one to break this to you guys but that tech doesn't exist.

I would consider Mike for my older CB stuff and just send my high power exports to someone who knows their way around the exports.

Last edited:
Ol' Mr Mike wanted to soak my ass for $300.00 once for working on my Johnson 4740.. I said no way and he did lower the bill to $180.00 but holy hell that's the MOST i have EVER had to pay for a repair bill on ANY CB radios that i have owned in all my 30+ year... I'll never send another radio to him again. He does good work but i CANNOT afford him!!!! He is ridiculously high priced!

Reactions: puckett
The impression I get from some of Mikes videos is that he's a fan of radios from the CB glory days, he seems to compare everything new to his favorites from back in the day.

I think there's a problem in the radio community more so than with any particular tech, it seems like everyone is looking for that one supertech who can do every job on every radio better than every other tech. I hate to be the one to break this to you guys but that tech doesn't exist.

I would consider Mike for my older CB stuff and just send my high power exports to someone who knows their way around the exports.
Oh i agree!!! These guys that claim they can tune a radio better than anyone else and do this and that blah, blah, blah, ad naseum.. Yeah yeah iv'e heard it hundreds of times.. These clowns are dime a dozen on the internet......I sent a CB to one of these so called "super techs" years ago (20 some years ago) and he blew hard about how he could get my radios to "really talk" yeah, yeah, yeah. All he did was remove a swing mod and restore the limiter and put the radio back to almost stock specs and called it a day. It wasnt any better than it was before i sent it to the guy!!!! I was not impressed.

Reactions: Unit 194
Even an unmolested radio went on the clock. "unmolested" I found could mean anything from all the tuning slugs broken to still in the box.
Bench fee plus time. As inflation went so did the $$/hour.
I'd fill the calender for two weeks and start over when the shelf was clear. I didn't do it for a living but for a few dollars more. As a union hand and a full time motorcycle business I needed the headache like I needed ...

It only happened at all because I stumbled across a photofact set and a stash of parts. I could always be heard and never sounded like crap no matter what I was on so I acquired a following. Oh what a pain in the ass. Some because they knew me would bring a radio to me and then mark up the repair as if they had done it. Others would bad mouth me because I would give an estimate that was outrageous in their mind and call me a rip off even though I never performed the work or even charged them. I got buried in radios, parts and labor then had the owner never pick it up until I sold it months or even a year later only to have them claim I stole it from them. I'd started sealing and booby trapping repairs so I'd know if someone was in it after I was. I replaced 2290's, 455's 454's 2879's in any number of boxes, returning the dead parts as evidence. About the second repair I did the customer reinstalled the dead parts and called me a thief, then putting the good parts in another box sold it as my work which promptly blew up and was brought to me for "warranty repair" . when I refused he threw it through my window...

You all go ahead and complain about repair all you want . I'm done because the drama just wasn't worth it for all of a few hundred a month after parts and supplies. Years after I quit for good I was still being bad mouthed for not doing it anymore because I owed it to ...
BULLSHIT

I'm only posting because there are at least a couple here that do this for a living. Good on them and the hell with you complaining trolls. If nothing else these few posts helped identify a few assholes that will never get their crap repaired by anyone that sees these posts.

So ....
When do MLB Pitchers and Catchers report ? :)

What works well is a matter of opinion. A local runs a hacked up Galaxy with a 1 pill driving a box of sweep tubes. He sounds like total shit and is so distorted you cant understand what he says when you're out in the distance. When he's at noise level the hum from his plate transformer on modulation peaks is almost louder than his audio, which is really loud. His station is the best around...if you don't believe me just ask him.

Tim gets too much shit. I decided last year to just buy a new Uniden 980SSB with a Stinger board from him to play with in the mobile. That was one good talking radio, even garnering praise on the audio from SuperTech ‘Harddrive’ when I talked to him from south of Dallas on I-45 one afternoon over the hash of channel 19. I always got good reports on AM and SSB, so I was happy with it.

Mike restored my grandfather’s Utica Town & Country II recently and while expensive as a whole, when I went down the list of services on the invoice it was very reasonable in my opinion. I’ve talked to Mike on the phone several times and he’s the nicest guy. He also knows his shit.

I’d love to get a Fine Tuned radio from Mark, but he’s so hard to get anything from. I just ordered a new DX-94HP from Bells and I’m hoping for the best. ‘Screwdriver’ seems to have a decent rep so I’m confident it’ll be a good radio.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
My two cents. I think a lot of people are jealous of the top three technicians we always talk about here on this forum. Snake radios does some things that are not kosher in my or some peoples books but you have to give him credit he has a great business going. No I do not see the sense of changing wires in a radio and a couple other things he does but give him credit. Some of his radios are nice. I have heard a couple of his radios and they sound good. Give the man some credit.

Mikes radio repair. I think this guy is one of the best. Seems to know his stuff. Does nice work and gets the job done. His prices seem fair and he is a helpful guy with his great videos.

Fine Tune....Hmmm... Has a great ego. All his radios look good on scope and spectrum analyzer. You never really know how much power he is getting from his radios because you can never see the slug in his bird meter. I guess you can not bad mouth him for his attitude. Personally I can not see using a guy that you can not get a hold of??? No phone number no way to get a hold of but through face book. None the less his radios look good.

REMEMBER. These videos on you tube are a selling tool. They are meant to bring in customers. Mike and Snake are legitimate businesses. People like and use them.
There are guys like Joker man that all I can say is wow. Thanks for your video with your messy bench and showing your work. I now know better.

When it comes to Snake, just do a youtube search for "Tech Practices:"Douche It Down!" This should be the only video you EVER need to watch of this so called Tech. I feel so bad for the poor customers that get radios done by this, so called CB radio technician. ALSO for a good laugh. Search youtube "Snake oil Customs RAGE against the rodger beep" Enjoy I sure did lol

Reactions: KD2GOE

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated