• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

I have onr

I have one, its a killer rig, put up or shut up you wannbe mud duck squeezeer!
We've seen the vid.

And all the work put into it...which raises more questions about the use of the word "troll"...

Feel more sorry for the "Chris" - he's getting a radio that guy learned from - so hope it's put together right.

Consider yourself lucky to have one that works.

Now, about your efforts ...it's... so... "3:13" ago...

You're kinda' late to the party...we've already built an assembly manual around the vid...

Spacers...View attachment 24326

More Spacers...
View attachment 24327

So we were on top of this before you arrived.

Hope you didn't get charged too much...

But this next part gets even more interesting...

Before they did the work...
View attachment 24329

Looks kinda' pretty - ya' think?

Then GASP! (And I'm not referring to the LEDs')
View attachment 24330

Why do they do this???
View attachment 24331

It all follows a pattern...
View attachment 24332

Ok kid...move on...been there done that, have the Service Manual on how to undo it...

:+> Andy <+:
Dont forget, upload you technicians certification so we can all look at your EXPERT credentials so we all know you are not talking shit!
Tim has saved me a bundle of money!
Put up or shut up troll!!

Reactions: puckett
Well it appears there is.....or was a snake in the grass here. plastic Radio may be rough and gruff, he is supposedly from Australia, but there is a point where things have to be reined in a bit. If he really is/was from Australia it begs to ask why the hell did he pick Snake Radios? Either way I have a feeling it might be a looooong time before he answers that question.He only had six posts and everyone of them was in the same thread with the same attitude.

Well it appears there is.....or was a snake in the grass here. plastic Radio may be rough and gruff, he is supposedly from Australia, but there is a point where things have to be reined in a bit. If he really is/was from Australia it begs to ask why the hell did he pick Snake Radios? Either way I have a feeling it might be a looooong time before he answers that question.He only had six posts and everyone of them was in the same thread with the same attitude.

I could produce some credentials that would probably surprise everyone here? tooting my own horn is not my MO, But it's not even relevant because this guy is here for one reason and one only and that is to cause issues and looking for a fight. If I go back to my profiling days I would say he was put wise to the conversations on WWDX by the SNAKE! Now I could be wrong but the very first thing that he does is start defending him and trashing Andy and most likely anyone else that would voice an opinion. It's fine to defend somebody you like it's not fine to do it the way he "You" are doing it! JMO.

It's fine to defend somebody you like it's not fine to do it the way he "You" are doing it! JMO.

(y)

Seems more and more people these days have forgotten (or are not familiar with) the first rule of Dale Carnegie's classic, How to Win Friends and Influence People.

"If you want to gather honey; don't kick over the beehive."

Where do I begin?

I guess, First things First.

Didn't have to go to battle for me, but thank you. To all of you.

And secondly - I do apologize for the incident.

However, if it's any consolation - I don't appreciate seeing good company getting their heads bit off by some "stranger" that had one too many to begin with.

Funny, when they ask for credentials - what is one to do?.

Not to go over this again, but for the record, the Vid links that get posted, come and go - as one fades away a new one takes it place. So the method of "screengrabs" may be the only record of the actual event once the customer realizes their wallets are a lot lighter at their expense. So do they keep the vid as a training exercise? Or was it more of a pre-paid commercial done by a customer?

Ok, so were caught up here, it looks like a lesson got learned - these vids are more private so these older links won't play here - but as you go out onto the youtube to see them - they are not protected on their site versus here on ours, so I thank the MODERATOR and the ADMINISTRATION staff for realizing the very problem and tackled this before it got way too far out of control.

It's this liability stuff, obviously it (the links that started all of this) wasn't their radio - and yet RE-posted that link demonstrating the very thing I posted earlier, only to (about?) another customer that PAID for this vid to be made. So it looks like they go to battle but they still use the same methods - and keep giving the customer / spectator / us - the ammo to fire back at them. Who needs credentials? Just send back pics of the details and very work that doesn't need to be done from their video of their efforts on the bench - on what was once a perfectly good working radio - and watch what happens.

What's sad - is - they get mad about it.

So I'll take this as a shot across the bow and realize that my posting style isn't always open source (sic).

I'm not their enemy - the bad part about this is - they come in here with guns blazing - thinking we are their enemy.

Again, thank you.
:+> Andy <+:

Why would anyone send him a new radio and want him to have a poke around inside? I do not have a problem with the guy working on CB's but you have to know your limits. I can not see him doing any wonderful magic to this or even knowing the subtle tuning issues on audio that this radio can benefit from. Most of this radio is surface mount. I have no seen a SMD rework station onhis bench. In fact I have never seen him use flux on anything on his bench either???? Strange right?

Sir this is my radio i got from Tim at snake radio customs. It works flawlessly and not one issue everyone i speak with says it sounds great and is dead on frequency so for you to bash tim at snake radio customs you have no idea. I did not pay any big premium for the setup the whole setup and expansion and his upgrades was 65.00 plus 14.00 shipping over the e bay price. I am very happy with the radio and tim was very helpful with me and my antenna setup and his service is second to none. Just because he does things different then everyone else so what. The only thing that matters is the end result. Nothing surface mount was touched on the radio it did not need to be. If anything goes wrong with it in the first 30 days Tim fully
warranties it and takes care of issues.He does not ask you to send it back to the manufacturer like 95% of techs out there.

These radios have poor quality control out of the box as you could see in the video and if im going to spend the money on a new radio I want it to last for many yrs . So you are all way off base and if you have not bought a radio from Tim who has thousands of happy customers for a good reason your opinion means absolutely nothing in the real world . Shame on you!

He is allowed to make 30.00 per hour just like you are allowed to make what you make if you have a job. So you all are just bashing someone to be mean and cruel. stop your madness and let Tm be Tm please.

And one more thing. This is my 5th radio I have got all with the same results Im very happy with all of them and Tim`s service as well and it was not repaired it was upgraded to better capacitors in the audio and power section that all. no harm no foul better sounding receive for sure

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated