• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

Dont know if he was really good or not but i have a feeling he will vanish soon and take everybodies money i get that feeling is coming soon but i could be wrong.

there is a reason he disables comments on youtube
he cant handle the truth. i see him going up in flames very soon. he is already losing it. calling out good techs. saying he is the best. we all know different

Last video has him talking about cheap crappy caps he removed.
He loves to talk about cheap Chinese caps and what did I see plain as day... a "Jwco" Chinese made cap.

He used to use Nichicon caps and for that I had to give credit.

The "Jwco" caps may be fine. They have datasheets and even whole series of them.
But the primary sources as far as I know are eBay or Aliexpress.

They (Jwco) do not have a good reputation.

Latest one is a doosie.
Oh my word.....

On the 88...
He alleges that the wires are "loose" between the channel selector and that will cause it to "drift" off frequency.
Well I never knew that!

"estimate" of 8 hours.
"between $250 and $300"
Plus Jwco caps, pure oxygen wire, and audiophool solder!

The 148F....
The 10 turn clarifier is his "trademark"
And power jacks only last a year.
And crooked "main" crystals

And $240 for the Cobra but "the parts don't cost that much"
And the PLL is "not as stable" so it needs to be replaced.

Poor Christopher. he is going to get dinged over a grand for these two radios most likely.

I left him a nice comment, because I want an honest answer and not a retort.

I've never personally noticed any noise or stability issue with an RCI 8719 PLL, but maybe he's noticed (or measured) something that I never saw, because I've not dealt with an RCI 8719 PLL before, lmao. I do think that it is likely B.S. and so I asked him about it!

Show me the numbers, show me the paper! Y'all have a good one.

Last edited:
The 148-F I had I wrote an article about - way back when on the rec.radio.cb Newsgroup. Hope it's still out there under My Malaria - Cobra 148 - F

The problem lies in the selection of the dropping resistor and choke I call L9 but it can be L501 or a true instance L9 - but it is the power feed to the MB8719, which became the RCI 8719 afterwards. Instead of a 10 ohm and ferrite bead, they used a 100 ohm with the ferrite! Theres the problem - too much power lost and regulator on board can't keep up...WARBLE

The 2nd biggest problem was load regulation and losses thru using the power supply choke and filter for the ENTIRE radio - which made the power choke the biggest culprit and power dropper in the redesign RCI took to.

So he does have the urban legend to live up to but they've solved that problem years ago...

The 148-F I had I wrote an article about - way back when on the rec.radio.cb Newsgroup. Hope it's still out there under My Malaria - Cobra 148 - F

The problem lies in the selection of the dropping resistor and choke I call L9 but it can be L501 or a true instance L9 - but it is the power feed to the MB8719, which became the RCI 8719 afterwards. Instead of a 10 ohm and ferrite bead, they used a 100 ohm with the ferrite! Theres the problem - too much power lost and regulator on board can't keep up...WARBLE

The 2nd biggest problem was load regulation and losses thru using the power supply choke and filter for the ENTIRE radio - which made the power choke the biggest culprit and power dropper in the redesign RCI took to.

So he does have the urban legend to live up to but they've solved that problem years ago...
Andy, thank you for the enlightening insight!
Your post may contain more useful information than most of this entire thread, talk about sifting through the weeds to pull out a flower!

New video looks like president has tamper detection on there radios there goes the warranty, he comments below his channel that all the radios he has done show the triangle

Last edited:
Along with replacement of simple heat sink insulator spreaders - watch more vids on the YT channel you'll see what I mean.

Please - use Dramamines' - you may get motion sickness from the shaking of the camera, as it endures thru the vids...slides-bonks, even noises from places we cannot mention...

"Joe" - the guy got charged for stuff that really did not have to be done - except for the issue of now, no matter what, Warranty if any exists(ed) is now gone.

Because of the work done, Tim and the "Joe" it's done for - are now inseparable friends as long as "Joe" keeps his promise and Tim won't keep his fingers out of "Joes" stuff... President can't offer replacement, but they can fix it - for about the same cost as buying another one and letting Tim do all that work again...President can only sell STOCK form radios - Tim will still have to get in there and do his dirty work...

"Why buy one, when you can get two for twice the price?"

You can leave a barf bag in your field of view versus watching another episode of Rollercoaster.

And have to dig for it - or use your popcorn bowl

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.