• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

Glad you see this too...

he was posting videos selling off radios he cant fix...
he is a "Tech" why cant he fix them?

It's looking more and more like he's hitting a wall in his own cognitive abilities to continue fixing radios.

Now, before you go on about how I'm being mean, I'm not - look more at the wide range of, or span, of technology he has to keep track of. From Tube, to Discrete (and all their variances) on up to the PLL using BCD, onto Serial input programming onto the SMD as well as all the multi-layering boards and the transitions from Linear (Bi-Polar) to non-Linear (MOSFET/JFET) designs.

And you expect him to understand all aspect of the customers views - on top of the ability to generate a sale from his inventory. If you ever bought a used car, this statement cannot be said enough - even for a SELLER to take in a TRADE - Caveat Emptor!

Its' not his fault, but a simple change on any machine - be it radio (electronic) or mechanical - can really goof things up to stop up the mess so badly, a cascade failure. They can't undo the change for the damage has been done, to more parts along the chain. Now it costs more than it's worth to fix due to the age and parts availability.

We can't prove he did it, but if he forgot to look for or prevent a failure during a power up - we can't even prove it was from his own hand or was someone getting rid of a brick to get something more from a simple brick and trying to sell Tim, a brick telling them it's got gold in it. Now he has to recoup the loss incurred from that burn.

... You Know You're A DB'er When...
... You Spend More Time Fixing Your Radio...
... Than Talking On It...
Fixing.jpg

Glad you see this too...

It's looking more and more like he's hitting a wall in his own cognitive abilities to continue fixing radios.

Now, before you go on about how I'm being mean, I'm not - look more at the wide range of, or span, of technology he has to keep track of. From Tube, to Discrete (and all their variances) on up to the PLL using BCD, onto Serial input programming onto the SMD as well as all the multi-layering boards and the transitions from Linear (Bi-Polar) to non-Linear (MOSFET/JFET) designs.

And you expect him to understand all aspect of the customers views - on top of the ability to generate a sale from his inventory. If you ever bought a used car, this statement cannot be said enough - even for a SELLER to take in a TRADE - Caveat Emptor!

Its' not his fault, but a simple change on any machine - be it radio (electronic) or mechanical - can really goof things up to stop up the mess so badly, a cascade failure. They can't undo the change for the damage has been done, to more parts along the chain. Now it costs more than it's worth to fix due to the age and parts availability.

We can't prove he did it, but if he forgot to look for or prevent a failure during a power up - we can't even prove it was from his own hand or was someone getting rid of a brick to get something more from a simple brick and trying to sell Tim, a brick telling them it's got gold in it. Now he has to recoup the loss incurred from that burn.

... You Know You're A DB'er When...
... You Spend More Time Fixing Your Radio...
... Than Talking On It...
View attachment 25085

They where older uniden radios. so i don't know what new tech your talking...

3 Threads
56 Pages
809 Posts (and counting) . . .

I think the point has been made. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The Declaration of Independence could have been 27,500 words long, but 1,337 got the job done. ;)

Reactions: Dmans
They where older uniden radios. so i don't know what new tech your talking...

Really?

And you think Uniden has not changed? Hmmm...thinking dark somewhere...

Well, he apparently took in a trade to sell that same guy another radio that he knows how to fix...

... or at least mod per his videos ...

The thing that happened to the originator of this thread here, happens elsewhere to anyone - every day.

So what? Well, if any mods were done to the radio BEFORE HE GOT IT - he didn't figure on having more problems develop after his recapping.

NixonUsedCar.jpg

So if the work that was there - done before he got it - wasn't fixed - and he then turned around - re-capped it and found out the squeal would not go away - he is now stuck with a Used Car that even Nixon couldn't be caught with...
SpockKitty1.jpg
(Didn't Spock say something to the effect of -
"Only Nixon Could Go To China"?)​

BUT WAIT!

There's his You-Tube followers...

Yeah! That's it! I'll present a vid on this baby and convince someone to buy it from me...

There is your story...he already told us in the vid he didn't have time to repair it...a cover(?) or he's' angry - or he's been embarrassed by a walk-in that got something better in the trade than what HE got...

He wasn't stuck with it for very long and depending on his followers, they passed it along until it finally showed up here...

I only saw the vid less than two weeks ago...take a look at the originators time stamp...then fit the rest of the pieces together. Starting off of; The why he dumped it off because he got burned - but made a sale anyways - it's a bitter fruit he had to eat the cost on but at least he moved his inventory and sold off a pink elephant...

For you to ignore Uniden and their technology advancement - is not good...what are you implying?

I do understand being inexperienced, in the area of fixing nearly 5 generations of advancing technology is not a requirement - so what are promoting? what you're trying to tell us?

Thinking RED FLAG Warning?

Last edited:
Andy,

It's because he does not know how to troubleshoot beyond banging on a PC board or just replacing IC chips with his fingers crossed.

He charges 30 dollars an hour and does the work on video.
He knows full well that he can't charge a customer 30 dollars per hour that it takes him to guess correctly at the cause of a problem.

If a radio in his shop needs an actual repair, he will re-cap it first, hope for the best, start changing out IC's next, hope for the best, and then if it still doesn't work, the radio magically becomes a POS basket case that is not worth fixing.

so he calls the customer who has no idea that they sent their radio to a shop that can't troubleshoot, and tell them that it's uneconomical to fix their radio. then he will tell them that he has a similar radio that he can trade them for the "POS" radio.

so the customer either gets their old radio returned to them or he trades them another radio and keeps the other for parts.

These are the radios that were being sold on youtube.

Keeping his lack of actual repair skills a secret from his customers is a huge deal to him.
They think they are sending their radio to an actual repair technician that also happens to mod radios, and what do you think it would do to their confidence in him if he were to tell them the truth about the fact that he never learned how to troubleshoot anything because he isolated himself from the entire CB repair community many years ago.
LC

Reactions: KD2GOE
Shotgun repair.

Load up your gun and blast those parts into the radio. Good or bad just replace them.
Customer is paying it's all good.

Andy,

If a radio in his shop needs an actual repair, he will re-cap it first, hope for the best, start changing out IC's next, hope for the best, and then if it still doesn't work, the radio magically becomes a POS basket case that is not worth fixing.

That is exactly what was said in the vid - :+> Andy <+:
Keeping his lack of actual repair skills a secret from his customers is a huge deal to him.
They think they are sending their radio to an actual repair technician that also happens to mod radios, and what do you think it would do to their confidence in him if he were to tell them the truth about the fact that he never learned how to troubleshoot anything because he isolated himself from the entire CB repair community many years ago.
LC

This is scary, because I wanted to say more, but in the end - I used the "brick" reference - but you were reading my mind - glad to see I was not nuts when I saw his vids and how or what he does with those older classics...

So sad...

This is the older Lincoln not the newest with the higher power output. I received my Lincoln and tested it and found all the outputs were low. I contacted the President company support and found that the newest radio, with the higher output is "President Lincoln II +" . No Plus and no V3 because that is the older model with the lower output.

Reactions: kaos513 and jon666

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.