• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

OR as he has been know to do, "trade ins" and blown up comp-stomp junk these kids bring in to trade off for a new radio - he can put together using the parts the previous customers' got charged for to have removed from their radios and replaced with what he "deems fit for duty".

Then sells off the removed parts re-installed as a repaired refurbished radio with those new parts he got for free...
he is a brite lite bulb

Considering the piles of parts in some of the vids, he can make a few radios workable again. There was a "Jackson -style" radio out here on the forums that got recognized by the power feed jumper wire and it's resulting squeal from his "recapping" that was in one of his special vids he posted to get one of his viewers to pick up "This recapping that has developed a squeal" for about $70 - and judging by how quickly the radio re-showed itself as the one with the burned up trace jumper needing work - means that they got the radio from one of the subscribers on that channel - there is little else to question...

Ok... lets stop right here ... RE-Capping...

Ok, [URL='https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/scary-snake-radio-setting-up-president-lincoln-ii-v3.224940/page-15#post-635348'] look here [/URL] There is a pic showing all his work on one of his brand new radio sales vids for a customer - done as if he was gleefully showing off his surgery work - there's a lot more but fortunately he's removed a lot of the vids that were simply reposted links to the same vid overlaid by a new customer or a spammer posing - as a new customer - only the one instance "Jane" was "John" in the vid - so who knows? (Names were changed to protect those whom don't want to be dragged thru all of this again - respectfully...)

Now if anyone had taken a moment in time to think about what could possibly cause a squeal in specific radios that just got recapped...I can think of only a few - and only if all else was equally and installed correctly the Audio Amp and the Bootstrap filter caps used in say a uPC-1242 or even any TA7222 audio amp chip that had a bootstrap cap too large or had an inductive component to it - cause the squeal he could not control - a simple fix but why? Used one of the others from a previous mod?

I'll leave that your imaginations...

Reactions: Rwb
He doesn't know what capacitors do let alone how to substitute them.
See him vs Tantalums. He has NO IDEA what a tantalum is and why blindly swapping them for electrolytics is wrong.
He just knows that old ones suffered from ignition so they are evil.

You cannot educate them.
They do not care.
It's not about their customer, it's about them.

Silly me.
Don't know what I was thinking. o_O

This, the longest thread on WWDX, isn't an in-depth discussion on resonance, SWR or the such . . . it's a parody of the supreme court justice confirmation proceedings. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That's impressive that it is so long and hasn't gotten the lock down yet. We will have to try harder. LOL

Reactions: Riverman
That is a grueling read...

But I do want to thank you for posting that link - I came here too late to read that mess and knowing now what had happened - I'm glad to know that I am not alone in this...

Brought back some memories of CB Tricks - kinda glad I had a chance to catch up on some of the news and what had ever happened to some of the crew that used to hang-out there. (SIC) but for about 15 pages near the end - I could tell the thread had long run its course.

Reactions: Riverman
The last video on another Lincoln?

He may be turning over a new leaf.
He waves the audiophool solder around but it's not like its going to hurt anything.
The customer requested maxmod? meh. Customer asked for it he did it.
That's not going to hurt anything either. Just waste money.
But he says his customer asked for it.

I did skip thru the video but nothing jumped out at me.
I may listen to it again later but he seemed to do okay this time.

I think the point's been made.

I think your point has been made as well.
If you look at history another thread will appear after this one.
Then you will complain about that thread, and may even threaten to leave the forum over it. (again)

Which is the lesser of evils?
At least it's civil.

I get it. You want the thread closed.
Another rule is to not derail threads.

Leave it up to the mods.

nono someone posted about the the new supreme court justice.
and i said i dont talk politics

nono someone posted about the the new supreme court justice.
and i said i dont talk politics

Not you. I should have quoted the post.
Sorry about that.

There is something to be said about Snake Radios, Fine tunes, and all the others that have threads like this.
They do get heated at times. It's mostly minions and fanboys that derail them.
It generally revolves around what is good practice and what is not.
The CB world has funny rules. Myth and legend prevail over fact.

I think you can argue either way about it. But at the end of the day it's up to a mod.
If I had to guess the reason it stays here is to simply keep it all in one place and thus make life easier.

These guys are polarising figures for some odd reason.
Honestly I fail to see why but I can understand why some want to know if what is being done is right or wrong.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.