• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

I will admit, I bought a roaddevil mic from him wired for a six pin uniden 980. He also did his foam mods to it. I believe he charged me about 55 or 60 dollars shipped for the brand-new roaddevil with his mods done to it, which was actually not that bad of a price, at least in my opinion. People say it does not sound all that great on am. But on sideband it sounds at least as good as the stock mic does. I’ve listened to it over the air it sounds ok. After seeing all his videos of him using roaddevil mics on uniden 980s, I just wanted to try out a roaddevil on a 980, then I thought why not just buy one from mr. snake himself lol.

I can’t speak for the mods he does, radio or mic wise. The man does build some nice looking radios though, gotta give him credit for that. Even though it’s decals, still nice looking.

Reactions: Tokin and Rwb
A SCR Super Snake i have been offered over $1000.00 USD for and the CPI that would sell tomorrow for over $1000.00 USD easy.

Both done by Tim, both mistaken for Kenwoods!

DId you kick their teeth in for saying it sounded a Kenmore? It would have been a compliment had they said it sounded as good as an ICOM but NOT a Kenmore or Yohoo.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Rwb
I find it very ironic that you are a newcomer here whose entire post history deals with bragging up and defending Snake Radio while calling longtime members irrelevant trolls. And thus we begin the slippery slope into the abyss.

I don't allow any mods on any of my radios so I never have an issue.I want them Bone Stock & if they stop working I have them fixed so they keep on working.I don't waste my money on any screwdriver jobs of any kind for any reason.I want them all 100% Legal just like they came out of the box. {:>)

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Rwb and undertaker
I can’t speak for the mods he does, radio or mic wise. The man does build some nice looking radios though, gotta give him credit for that. Even though it’s decals, still nice looking.
Absolutely. Like I said, if I had a nice show truck I wouldnt want some plain jane cb hanging there. Thats where id spend the money for something dressed up. Otherwise its only me looking at it in my shack.

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb
Absolutely. Like I said, if I had a nice show truck I wouldnt want some plain jane cb hanging there. Thats where id spend the money for something dressed up. Otherwise its only me looking at it in my shack.

If it really was a big $$ K-Whopper then it’d be the antennas and install that runs Amateur quality equipment.

I looked over a Pete used for Specialized hauling where tractor + trailer weigh 115,000-lbs before loading. A 94 Galaxy plus a VHF I didn’t inquire about. Talking with pilot cars is the thing.

You guys want a (genuine) big radio in a Class 8 tractor just imagine what fourstringburn rig would look like in your truck choice.

Find the pics

Or, go to Raneys Truck Parts and get all the chrome cases, cords, brackets, and 3’ no-name fiberglass antennas as seen on “show trucks” (clown cars).

Where the “owner” sports the same haircut, tee shirt, tattoos and cruddy blue jeans as the dumpster-diving bums. Just fatter.

12’ pipes and faggy fender skirts. Chrome skull with lit red eyes as shift knob. Just grazes ceiling.

Chrome would be fun in a hot rod.
Rat rod. The only shiny thing. You won’t lack for steel counterplane or access to to all points.

Hmmm, a full Dixie General Lee . . .

At home against low-gloss wood, a fully chromed radio would look great.

Make it the centerpiece.

In a big truck? Naw. That day came and went long ago. Like Harley’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: undertaker and Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.