• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

If it really was a big $$ K-Whopper then it’d be the antennas and install that runs Amateur quality equipment.

I looked over a Pete used for Specialized hauling where tractor + trailer weigh 115,000-lbs before loading. A 94 Galaxy plus a VHF I didn’t inquire about. Talking with pilot cars is the thing.

You guys want a (genuine) big radio in a Class 8 tractor just imagine what fourstringburn rig would look like in your truck choice.

Find the pics

Or, go to Raneys Truck Parts and get all the chrome cases, cords, brackets, and 3’ no-name fiberglass antennas as seen on “show trucks” (clown cars).

Where the “owner” sports the same haircut, tee shirt, tattoos and cruddy blue jeans as the dumpster-diving bums. Just fatter.

12’ pipes and faggy fender skirts. Chrome skull with lit red eyes as shift knob. Just grazes ceiling.

Chrome would be fun in a hot rod.
Rat rod. The only shiny thing. You won’t lack for steel counterplane or access to to all points.

Hmmm, a full Dixie General Lee . . .

At home against low-gloss wood, a fully chromed radio would look great.

Make it the centerpiece.

In a big truck? Naw. That day came and went long ago. Like Harley’s.

we got 2 petes and 2 kw's.i drive them all but no geaar shift reaching to ceiling. Both kw are same.i only put uniden 980 in 1 kw and the white pete.other 2 trucks are used mainly at harvest n high milage.
I go in 1 truck n they load the other truck.i can get lots moved every day offf our bins
20190907_131216.jpg 20190724_171814.jpg 20181002_124323.jpg 20190426_155431.jpg

we got 2 petes and 2 kw's.i drive them all but no geaar shift reaching to ceiling. Both kw are same.i only put uniden 980 in 1 kw and the white pete.other 2 trucks are used mainly at harvest n high milage.
I go in 1 truck n they load the other truck.i can get lots moved every day offf our bins
View attachment 36789 View attachment 36790 View attachment 36792 View attachment 36793

Trucks that work.

“Best” versions thereof are W of IH35. Out to about US-83.

Men with lives to live.

That N-S corridor is where CB really shines. Geography, plus population density.

“Just enough water, just enough rail”.

Any route thru or across that corridor (and slightly beyond) is where hears CB Radio used as first imagined.

As small operators or individual owners often favor large cars (build & ride quality; 2-million miles or 20-years isn’t remarkable), “efficient” CB rigs are the norm.

The Plains:

America’s Open-Air Farm Factory

901E4D79-BA9B-4C06-AED6-FD219677E82F.jpeg

Gonna hurt them feelinz, but this Cushman is how to think of the large car & commodity trailer out on the Plains. The accurate reference: Material & Supply to each production realm.

Just a greater distance between stops.

Miles & miles, and then across the Comanche Nation . . .

. . instead aisles & turns from dock to food process station.

We tell guys who can’t drive to go back home and lasso a forklift out of the corral each morning.

Last edited:
Trucks that work.

“Best” versions thereof are W of IH35. Out to about US-83.

Men with lives to live.

That N-S corridor is where CB really shines. Geography, plus population density.

“Just enough water, just enough rail”.

Any route thru or across that corridor (and slightly beyond) is where hears CB Radio used as first imagined.

As small operators or individual owners often favor large cars (build & ride quality; 2-million miles or 20-years isn’t remarkable), “efficient” CB rigs are the norm.

The Plains:

America’s Open-Air Farm Factory

View attachment 36794

Gonna hurt them feelinz, but this Cushman is how to think of the large car & commodity trailer out on the Plains. The accurate reference: Material & Supply to each production realm.

Just a greater distance between stops.

Miles & miles, and then across the Comanche Nation . . .

. . instead aisles & turns from dock to assembly station.

We tell guys who can’t drive to go back home and for work to lasso a forklift out of the corral each morning.

the blue n tan 359 pete is boss sons play toy but its used lots.
White pete n red kw i posted are used all the time,got the other red kw not posted but kinda backup truck . At harvesst 4 trucks are fine n 6 could be utilized

Reactions: Slowmover
I’m gonna be the first to openly admit that I’ve said some negative things about Tim. There, weight off my shoulders.

Now I’m gonna say I recently bought a bezel and faceplate from Tim, very nice looking too might I add.

The “cbkidd” video, I think it was but maybe someone else, the douche it down video...funny. That was his early stages and has since learned better and been taught better, firsthand knowledge speaking here.

Tim is NOT a bad guy. He does say things and maybe even do things that are worthy of some cringe now and then but wait...there’s more... The guy does build nice looking stuff and to me that reflects that he does care and does put effort into his work. And that folks, is more than can be said about a lot of other guys, think about that. Let’s also not forget customer service... obviously for him it’s like quality, job 1 ( yes I stole that from Ford).

No, pretty doesn’t make a better radio, I will absolutely agree with that and that is absolutely correct, in my semi-professional opinion.
C2790232-5DB2-4CA0-9AA5-1024C1FC0BB9.jpeg

The guy has heart though, give him credit where it’s due, please. And on the chance of catching a ban myself, we have FTCB threads locked down like states during the “corolla” virus yet this thread and several others remain open as long as dinosaurs have been extinct. And I know the guy has a reference beyond anything or anyone that FTCB has...no mail order degree there.

Does the man build nice looking radios? Absolutely. Do they perform any better when they’re dolled up? No. Does his perform any better after he’s done with them? No idea cause I’ve never bought one or sent one to him. Does the guy have a heart? Absolutely, yes. Does he try to the best of his ability? Two thumbs up.

I could go on, why bother? You either like the guy or you don’t, you either acknowledge his positive points or you don’t. That’s up to you. And look at it like this... is HE on YouTube or any other platform, bashing everyone else for no apparent reason? No. The guy does pretty damn good to have a target painted on his back and his forehead. And yes, the whole scope thing does concern me but to each his own. People have choices, if you like or trust a certain someone, do business with them and if you don’t, find someone else.

I’m gonna be the first to openly admit that I’ve said some negative things about Tim. There, weight off my shoulders.

Now I’m gonna say I recently bought a bezel and faceplate from Tim, very nice looking too might I add.

The “cbkidd” video, I think it was but maybe someone else, the douche it down video...funny. That was his early stages and has since learned better and been taught better, firsthand knowledge speaking here.

Tim is NOT a bad guy. He does say things and maybe even do things that are worthy of some cringe now and then but wait...there’s more... The guy does build nice looking stuff and to me that reflects that he does care and does put effort into his work. And that folks, is more than can be said about a lot of other guys, think about that. Let’s also not forget customer service... obviously for him it’s like quality, job 1 ( yes I stole that from Ford).

No, pretty doesn’t make a better radio, I will absolutely agree with that and that is absolutely correct, in my semi-professional opinion.
View attachment 36803

The guy has heart though, give him credit where it’s due, please. And on the chance of catching a ban myself, we have FTCB threads locked down like states during the “corolla” virus yet this thread and several others remain open as long as dinosaurs have been extinct. And I know the guy has a reference beyond anything or anyone that FTCB has...no mail order degree there.

Does the man build nice looking radios? Absolutely. Do they perform any better when they’re dolled up? No. Does his perform any better after he’s done with them? No idea cause I’ve never bought one or sent one to him. Does the guy have a heart? Absolutely, yes. Does he try to the best of his ability? Two thumbs up.

I could go on, why bother? You either like the guy or you don’t, you either acknowledge his positive points or you don’t. That’s up to you. And look at it like this... is HE on YouTube or any other platform, bashing everyone else for no apparent reason? No. The guy does pretty damn good to have a target painted on his back and his forehead. And yes, the whole scope thing does concern me but to each his own. People have choices, if you like or trust a certain someone, do business with them and if you don’t, find someone else.

Well said.
That took gumption.
I applaud you. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.