• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

Sir this is my radio i got from Tim at snake radio customs. It works flawlessly and not one issue everyone i speak with says it sounds great and is dead on frequency so for you to bash tim at snake radio customs you have no idea. I did not pay any big premium for the setup the whole setup and expansion and his upgrades was 65.00 plus 14.00 shipping over the e bay price. I am very happy with the radio and tim was very helpful with me and my antenna setup and his service is second to none. Just because he does things different then everyone else so what. The only thing that matters is the end result. Nothing surface mount was touched on the radio it did not need to be. If anything goes wrong with it in the first 30 days Tim fully
warranties it and takes care of issues.He does not ask you to send it back to the manufacturer like 95% of techs out there.

These radios have poor quality control out of the box as you could see in the video and if im going to spend the money on a new radio I want it to last for many yrs . So you are all way off base and if you have not bought a radio from Tim who has thousands of happy customers for a good reason your opinion means absolutely nothing in the real world . Shame on you!

He is allowed to make 30.00 per hour just like you are allowed to make what you make if you have a job. So you all are just bashing someone to be mean and cruel. stop your madness and let Tm be Tm please.

Well said David, I totally agree with you.

I have Lincoln that Tim did and its a keeper, great Rx and awesome Tx reports.

Stop the Tim bashing!

Tim is open and honest and does not edit out his videos and does talk alot of crap like others to try to impress,Down to earth and honest, calls it as he sees it!

The trolls in this forum have broken all the rules of governance and should be banned, but the gutless ones now who they are, pathetic little boys with their Dads radios.

Plastic Radio,
you have all of 9 posts and are calling other members noobs and trolls while exhibiting the behavior of both.

I do not say this to insult you, it's just that your goal is not clear.

If your goal is to change the minds of the other members here, then do you really think you are going about it the right way?

If your goal is to confront others in order to provoke an argument, then wouldn't you agree that is troll behavior?

Or is your goal to get banned in order to wave the flag of martyrdom where ever else you hang out online?

If you actually want to change peoples' minds about Timmy then would you please go back and read the past threads regarding why people advise against using him as a tech?

You are asking others to show their qualifications before you give merit to their statements, but how do we know you are qualified to discern whether or not your radio was actually improved by timmy?

These are not troll attempts, these are actual questions.
LC

Why, re
Plastic Radio,
you have all of 9 posts and are calling other members noobs and trolls while exhibiting the behavior of both.

I do not say this to insult you, it's just that your goal is not clear.

If your goal is to change the minds of the other members here, then do you really think you are going about it the right way?

If your goal is to confront others in order to provoke an argument, then wouldn't you agree that is troll behavior?

Or is your goal to get banned in order to wave the flag of martyrdom where ever else you hang out online?

If you actually want to change peoples' minds about Timmy then would you please go back and read the past threads regarding why people advise against using him as a tech?

You are asking others to show their qualifications before you give merit to their statements, but how do we know you are qualified to discern whether or not your radio was actually improved by timmy?

These are not troll attempts, these are actual questions.
LC
Why, calling out the personal insults and self gratification about what Tim does or doesn't do in a forum where this is clearly not allowed, (go and read the terms of this forum about insults etc,,,) is why i have responded to some of the ill informed and just plain nasty comments about SCR ( please, drop the Timothy bit as it is just condescending and childish)
Not one EXPERT has qualified their statements with any documentation to support there claims apart for,ohhhh, watch this part?
Now there are two of SCR's customer telling you lot how it really is and you dont like it
How can i be banned for name calling when some of the trolls on here have stepped over that mark years ago with their personal insults and probably cost SCR customers, what makes any of you Judge, jury and executioner eh. who gave you that right?

Oh, how do I know they are better radios, cause i said so because I have them,100% satisfaction,
Thats all that counts, people that have bought them!!
Where are all the unhappy customer on this forum?
Dont troll the internet looking for your own kind, qualify your statements?
I have, i bought radios from SCR and I encourage anyone to get in line and wait, its well worth it!

Thank you for your response.

You actually answered my questions.

I feel zero need to indulge your trolling and will only say that I knew Timmy before he started his business and know exactly how many people he has screwed over.

Believe me or don't believe me, but don't lump me in with whoever else you are referring to.

Also, with regard to the personal attacks on Timmy; i think you have the wrong forum.
you do know that there are other forums with threads about him don't you?
LC

Timmy? give me a break!
Grow up.
When operators with 40 plus years and ears of experience think i am using my TS-990S and i tell them its a Cobra 2000 thats it, simple!
You and all the other noobs on here a cyber bullies!

Well, upload your tech

C'mon, upload it so we can all take the piss out of you noob?

you have nothing because you are nothing, irrelevant troll!

I find it very ironic that you are a newcomer here whose entire post history deals with bragging up and defending Snake Radio while calling longtime members irrelevant trolls. And thus we begin the slippery slope into the abyss.

How can i be banned for name calling when some of the trolls on here have stepped over that mark years ago with their personal insults and probably cost SCR customers, what makes any of you Judge, jury and executioner eh. who gave you that right?

Years ago hey? Yet you are a newcomer to this site. Me thinks we have a rat .

Well, I wasn't going to rubber-neck this thread but couldn't resist. This isn't a car accident; it's a 193 vehicle pile-up on the interstate with carnage everwhere.

Have to say I am surprised to see you back, Plastic Radio. Captain gave you a reprieve but it appears you have no intention on putting it to good use. If I may, let me try and state your case for you in an acceptable manner.

1. You want people to quit bashing Tim.
So do I. It has been going for what seems like forever in this and other threads. If the intent is to inform newcomers to the hobby to seek radio repair elsewhere and save their hard-earned money, the case has been presented ten times over.

2. You want to know why some members are allowed personal attacks and name-calling against Tim. That's a fair question. I don't know the answer.

3. You would like people to know that you have purchased radios from Tim that you are satisfied with and perform beautifully. So noted. You are not alone. Others have stated the same.

Captain has shown great patience with you but I suspect you are very close to getting the permanent boot. Tone it down (way down), hang around, and enjoy some of the interesting, useful threads this site has to offer. This isn't one of them.

Respectfully,
Jim

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.